LoadAnim weird behvior on PNG Alpha!

Previous topic - Next topic

Ozden79

Hello There,

I see a weird behavior in loadanim. I've a 40x40 sprite sheet which contains a few blocks and it's a png file. When I draw each block from this anim, I see the alpha channel is completely drawn as white. I've another png sprite sheet and this seems to be drawn fine, though those objects doesn't have any glow effect as these ones. What might be wrong?

The png is created on Photoshop.

Thanks,

Ãâ€"zden

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ozden79

Ok, one update, this behavior only occurs in my ingame screen. When I draw in Splash and Menu screens, it seems fine. I'm playing with ALPHAMODE to create fade in/out effects till the ingame and I tried to set the ALPHAMODE to 0,1 and -1 when the ingame screen comes, nothing changed?

What could be wrong?

Ãâ€"zden

MrTAToad

Have you changed SETTRANSPARENCY ?

Ozden79

Yes, only once at start to load the font data properly. I'm not sure this affects it as I've drawn the anim in splash and menu screens which are after the  SETTRANSPARENCY  call and at those screens, it's drawing fine, only in my ingame screen makes this weird behavior.

Ozden79

Another update, magically solved by putting ALPHAMODE -1 just before I draw the level data on each frame. Pretty weird but I think I can live with this for now...

Thanks

Ãâ€"zden

Moru

To use alphachannel on PNG you need to set ALPHAMODE to .99 or -.99 or something similar. Apparently -1 works too. If you don't use Alphamode, GLBasic will paint it like a normal bitmap.

Ozden79

Moru,

I'm not sure whether this is %100 correct as I use ALPHAMODE to have a translucent look of some of the PNG images I use in the menu, to give a tapped effect and they work fine, with the alphachannel they have. I sense a bit of a bug in here unless someone from the creator team can enlighten this situation.

Ãâ€"zden

Kitty Hello

If you ALPHAMODE 0, the bitmap will be drawn using alpha testing, only. Means, that pixels with a high alpha value are not drawn, others are drawn totally.
If you ALPHAMODE -1, the alpha information of your PNG image is taken into account correctly.