Galaxix - Coming to the iPad soon

Previous topic - Next topic

Qube

Finally, after over a year of hard graft my latest game for the iPad is complete and submitted to Apple =D - I proudly present, Galaxix...

"We explore, fight, mine and trade. It's the only way to survive, Galaxix..."

Welcome, Pilot... To the lawless, dog eat dog solar system of Galaxix! - We hope you'll survive. Most don't.

If you do, maybe you will rise above the privateers, pirates and corporations intent on stealing what's yours and take it from them instead! - Good luck, you're going to need it. 

Trading, ship to ship combat, asteroid mining and a good dose of luck. These are just some of the skills you will need to rise from the ashes of your "rust bucket" of a space ship, and trade your way through the universe, building up a personal fortune, reputation, and defences while battling the corporations, privateers, sharks, and anyone else trying to take them from you.

As you progress, you can upgrade to better, faster and more reliable ships. Bounty hunting, asteroid mining, or trading anything from water to computers, jewellery to weapons. Kit your ship out with, lasers, homing missiles, particle weapons and shields.

Bask in the glory as you become a dominant force in the galaxy. But be careful, each action you take increases the bounty on your head and there are many who will thrive at a chance to take it all away from you.

Galaxix features a fully open play area. Go where ever you want with 1,000,000 sectors to explore. Fight when you have to, trade when you need to, go asteroid mining if you want to. It's your choice, your destiny and ultimately, your fate.

erico

looks great,
any videos of it in action?

Ruidesco

Any possibility this comes out for systems other than the iPad? I would so gladly pay for it, I'm a sucker for Elite-type games. :help:

Qube

looks great,
any videos of it in action?
Thanks :) - I'm working on the videos now and will have those online within a few days.

Any possibility this comes out for systems other than the iPad? I would so gladly pay for it, I'm a sucker for Elite-type games.
It will eventually be available also for iPhone,  Android tablet & phone, Windows and OS X :good:

Ruidesco

:D Yay! I can't wait to throw my money at the monitor.

bigsofty

Looks great, one of my favourite games was the old Elite games, this looks bang up to date!  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

matchy

bigsofty

Was it written with GLBasic?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

ampos

I want it for TouchPad! Its also 1024x768!
check my web and/or my blog :D
http://diniplay.blogspot.com (devblog)
http://www.ampostata.org
http://ampostata.blogspot.com
I own PC-Win, MacBook 13", iPhone 3G/3GS/4G and iPAC-WinCE

blackway

Wow, It looks very polished, great work!
+1 for in game videos

Qube

Thanks for the kind comments  =D

Quote from: bigsofty on 2011-Oct-23
Was it written with GLBasic?

Yes, it was finely crafted through many version numbers of GLB :good:

Falstaff

Hey that looks good, nice polish and presentation :) Makes me wish I had an ipad..! Maybe I'll harass my artist to check it out on his ipad  :whip:  =D

Ian Price

Looks fantastic. =D

I echo ampos - I'd love to see this on TouchPad too. :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Mikele

Woow!

It looks really really amazing. I hope that gameplay is similar to Braben's Frontier - must have for me then :). Is it for iPad 1 gen?

Nathan

I have to agree with the comments above, it really does look spectacular.  Possibly one of the most impressive projects done using GLB?  I too am a big fan on space trading and combat games, ever since I played the original Elite on my BBC Model B all those years back.  For me the spiritual successor to Elite has been "X" the games, specifically X2: The Threat, but I stopped playing it when they released X3 as although the GFX were superb, it seemed to lose it's atmosphere.

I'll definitely look out for that when it's released.  Thanks for the post.