Zen Blocks on Steam

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

I am hoping my little game will be sleeper and will get some xmas downloads :)

So far people like it, and got a couple of reviews but because they were given free copies the reviews don't show on the stats :(

https://store.steampowered.com/app/733020/Zen_Blocks/

I anyone GLB users wants to try it - I would rather send you paypal and re-imburse u instead giving free keys :)
That way any review u do will count :)
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

dreamerman

Nice new trailer, shows game in faster paced gameplay. Yet I think that possible biggest impact on sales would give addition of Trading Cards together with discount on incoming Steam Sale. I already grabbed some free game code so my review also wouldn't count ;/
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

MrPlow

Yes, I might look to update with Trading Cards....has anyone else implemented them using GLB?
Comp:

spacefractal

Trading Card is NOT all god and gold at all and you believe its will get more sale, but.....

Im have experince various issue with that when im got it implemented. Vavle will notice it when you try to sell it outside steam cheap, that have tradingcard support and will deny requesting more keys (Im cant request anymore keys for Greedy Mouse and Karma Miwa example). This was that im experinced with Tradingcard. So Tradingcard Farmers pretty much killed it for me, which is why im dont like them anymore. So im personally have no plans to implement it for PowerUp Elevation.

Howover checkout the bonus forum, im have created a thread about it, so you can get inspiration how you need to design your own. Tradingcards is SDK free, so no glbasic implemeration is required at all, same with save games when done right (im use a lots of flat files to been picked up by steam cloud).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

Thanks SF

I will check that out.
Comp:

bigsofty

I will give it a punt, when my internet is back on. I'm on terrible 3G(Screen shots take an age to show, vids are outa the question) at the moment, been waiting for 3 weeks for an engineer to come out here. :(

GL with the release Mr. Plow.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrPlow

Quote from: bigsofty on 2018-Oct-02
I will give it a punt, when my internet is back on. I'm on terrible 3G(Screen shots take an age to show, vids are outa the question) at the moment, been waiting for 3 weeks for an engineer to come out here. :(

GL with the release Mr. Plow.

Thanks a lot!! Hope your Internet gets sorted soon! Nothing worse that a slow connection!
:D
Comp:

bigsofty

Thanks dude. I'm currently on 30 - 34k a sec, it's like it's being back on dial-up in 1999!   :rant:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

dreamerman

I see that Your game supports also simplified Chinese, and I have a question about that. From screen shots I see that not all things are translated e.g labels counting moves and scores, specially scoring bothers me, translating such things isn't required to pass any additional checking for 'multi language' game?
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

MrPlow

Hi

No, it seems not to be.
I was mainly concerned with the gameplay instructions...I know I probably should have translated the other parts and had their been more Chinese interest I might have done an update.

6 is my favourite chinese number as it looks like a little guy!

Comp:

bigsofty

Picked up a copy tonight(Steam user "FEUD"), will leave a decent review once some time has ticked up on the Steam clock!  ;)
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrPlow

Cheers for that!!  =D

Hope you like the little touches and such!
Comp:

bigsofty

Yep, very nice puzzle game, the music and FX definitely added to the overall presentation too. Well done!  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

erico

Yep, very well done indeed! :good:

MrPlow

Thanks,

Hopefully its a sleeper ;)
Comp: