[ANDROID] First Impressions

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatonastick

The ability to develop for Android interests me greatly, more than any other mobile platform.  Looking forward to this. :)
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

XanthorXIII

The good thing about this is all the devices we can hit with little effort however I do expect some changes I'll need to make to my code for this. I need to compile a list of devices to look at purchasing. Ether the Xoom or Galaxy Tab will probably  do however.
Owlcat has wise

BigAnd

This is REALLY great news. Nice one guys  =D

Dabz

I definitely think if Android is in then it'll knock the shine off BRL's new monkey language!

Android and iOS are the only platforms I'm currently interested in... So, hats off to you fella's!!! :D

Dabz

djtoon

well im just waiting :) and waiting for the update :)

Nathan

Yep, just to echo what everyone else has said that is fantastic news.   Thanks to both Gernot and Trucidare (and anyone else involved) for their hardwork. :nw:

My "main" device is a HTC Desire HD, so erm, I'm glad I just spent £850 odd on a Mac Mini and iPod Touch 4th Generation. :S

FutureCow

Gernot, you're a dead set legend!

mentalthink

Awesome another platform, in minus of 2 months.
Waiting, for new advances.

PS: A question, I think is important, if Gernoot can counsil us about that phone whith Android buy. (Too much models on the Market)

Kinds Regards, and 1000THX again.

Iván J.

Nathan

And if anyone's interested, I just tried this APK on my device and it works. :good:

Albert

hardyx

The best thing of the year!! With Android you can reach a big number of cells in the market. GLBasic is growing more and more.

Nathan

Quote from: mentalthink on 2011-Mar-29
Awesome another platform, in minus of 2 months.
Waiting, for new advances.

PS: A question, I think is important, if Gernoot can counsil us about that phone whith Android buy. (Too much models on the Market)

Kinds Regards, and 1000THX again.

Iván J.

I'm on my 2nd HTC Android phone, previous model was the HTC Hero, which can go up to Android version 2.1, as mentioned above, I now own a HTC Desire HD.  But which model to go for?  That's a hard decision because there are so many makes and models compared to Apple Stuff.

But two of the best makes are Samsung and HTC I believe.  If you want "stock" Android software, that is, no other functionality has been added, e.g. my Desire HD contains HTC Sense which automatically syncs with Facebook, Twitter etc. then go for the Google Phone, which is basically a re-badged Samsung phone anyway. 

All those phones are expensive however, there are of course cheaper ones out, but they're a bit slow in comparison.

MrTAToad

I presume it will work on Tablets too!

trucidare

min. Android version will be 2.2 - so devices with android 2.2 has enough power to handle glbasic.
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

XanthorXIII

Trucidare - Thanks for the clear up on which version. My HTC Hero was old anyway, looks like I'll be moving to something else for this. Probably a tablet like I mentioned. I'm getting tired of contracts with phone companies. Although I am looking at an iPhone as my next device. I really like my iPod Touch.
Owlcat has wise