News from twitter...

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Blitz Research (@blitzbasic) is now following your tweets (@glbasic) on Twitter.

You're welcome.

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

Their (his) MonkeyCoder is now out - perhaps they want ideas for other platforms to cover...

It doesn't really cover anything that GLBasic doesn't already - the only extra really is HTML 5 and XNA...

Ian Price

LOL. I've had a play with the monkey demo already - it's vey BMax, but the HTML5 sucks on pretty much every browser except Chrome (and then sometimes).

There isn't a Windows/Mac version available yet (unless you want to pay $120), but it will be free (for monkey not mojo, which is currently part and parcel of monkey, hence why it's not available for the majority of platforms yet).

It looks interesting, but I'll be sticking with GLB for the foreseeable.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

QuoteIt looks interesting, but I'll be sticking with GLB for the foreseeable.
Good to hear  =D

I've no need to need for more languages either...  GLBasic is right up my street :)

Marmor

have you  seen the price kitty ? 113 euro for the standard and the new  mojo modules cost extra  ?
i dunno .

Ian Price

Quotehave you  seen the price kitty ? 113 euro for the standard and the new  mojo modules cost extra  ?
Monkey is actually going to be free soon (apparently). It'll only be the MOJO modules that cost anything.

Monkey itself is currently tied to MOJO, so the only way to get it/them is to pay. MOJO will be optional after it's all sorted. This is the reason that there's only a HTML5 demo available now.
I came. I saw. I played.

Marmor

i understand   so the price  is for mojo and not for monkey itself .

Ian Price

Quotei understand   so the price  is for mojo and not for monkey itself .
Yep.
I came. I saw. I played.

Marmor

ähm saurik (cydia) is also a follower ......

Dabz

There seems to be quite a few teething troubles regarding it at the minute, and currently, a good few are very weary in purchasing the full version.

Coming from a Blitz background I was really looking forward to monkey, but, the general lack of noise from BRL before release was deafening, also, I have faith in BRL's overall capability, but, I have very little faith in their beta testers... As an example BlitzMax got updated to DX9, everyone was happy... Me and Gfk (For people who know him) were talking in our shoutbox and the conversion got around to an old bug which was fixed.. So, we fired up both our projects and just had a look to see if everything was running ok... Which is when we stumbled on the mother of all memory leaks caused by the DX9 driver.

I asked the question why such a memory leak got past beta when all you had to do is fire up Taskmanager and run the app for a few minutes to see it in all its memory scranning glory!

So, in regards, I'm pleased its out into the wild, a few month it'll probably be usable for me personally, currently, I have another fortnight dev time on my next game, so, I'll probably decide if I'm using that or GLBasic... I'll be torn between the two mind, but being able to do Android will probably steer me whatever way.

Dabz

Marmor

«dabhand
some rumors say android and bada is on the way !

Dabz

«dabhand
some rumors say android and bada is on the way !

Yeah, I know, though, will it be here within a fortnight?

I'm in proper dev mode at the minute, so, once my current project is finished, I'll be ramming in another straight off the bat... I'm already thinking about it in my minds eye when I'm tucked up in bed! :D

Dabz