Two questions...

Previous topic - Next topic

tictac

Day by day I'm discovering this great product.
Now I found two "small" problems:

1) How can I include a source code inside another one (something like "include" or "import")?
2) Can I set screen resolution, Fullscreen, more than 1024x768?
3) Does GLBasic support video other than 4:3 (e.g.: 1024x600? 1440x900? 1680x1050?)

Thank you!

-Alessandro

Sebastian

1. there is no command for that. You do that via the IDE. It's all handeled automatically
2. Yes (I'm running 1440x900)
3. Yes (see 2.)

PeeJay

The only thing to remember, if you are using a widescreen resolution, then only those with widescreen monitors will be able to use it.
www.peejays-remakes.co.uk
For games, remakes, and GL Basic Tutorials
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Sebastian

You can reset the resolution wih SetScreen so that shouldn't be a big problem.

tictac

Thank you! I tried to setup a higher resolution via IDe but it seems it does not work (I will try with the command).
About include: "handled automatically via IDE"? How? Is there any interface to setup include files? Do I need to put my libraries (to be included) in a specific place?

Thank you!
-Alessandro

Sebastian

I currently don't have access to my GLBasic but there has to be a "Add source file" menu point somewhere. I'm already used to it and use it automatically so it's hard to remember where it is exactly...

PeeJay

Load up the gbas file you want adding to your project, right click, and select "Insert file into project", and voila! :)
www.peejays-remakes.co.uk
For games, remakes, and GL Basic Tutorials
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

tictac

So I only need to add my file/library to the project, and it will be avaiable to the other files! Cool!

Thank you!

-Alessandro

Hemlos

You can also import and export declarations via functions under the tools tab in glbasic.
Very handy for keeping the compile time down, as opposed to inserting your entire library.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O