About FBook and GLbasic

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

Hi I don´t know if in the Forum knows about the GLBasic en FBook, I think can be a nice place for sharing info or another thing whit gaming or programming out in the GLbasic Forum...

I take a look and don´t have too much people, and here we are a great number of users!!!...  :good: :good: :good: :booze: :booze: :booze: :help: :help: :help:

MrTAToad

I dont really use Facebook myself...

Ruidesco

I don't use FB either, but even if I did this forum is much more practical and functional.

kanonet

Dont have a FB account either. :nana:
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

mentalthink

Ok, I don´t like Fbook too, but I think it´s a huge place for make advertising of our games, and of course GLbasic..., the politicies of FBook I hate, but this it´s like Apple, if you don´t pass thru the Hole, you can make too much... I refer to pay 80$... absolutetly a steal in comparation whit another Mobile Markets...

hardyx

I don't like FB, but I have an account, because I know that is a great tool for promote your games and your knowledge. It's a good idea put a FB/twitter option in the games/tools you create for mobile to let the users share the "experience".

Hatonastick

I finally found the delete button for my Facebook account (found the link hidden away in a help file and not actually in my account options like you'd expect) -- I'm soooo happy!  I'm sick of the darn thing.  =D
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

matchy

Stealth approach for me as I have my account active but disabled when signing out and haven't used it lately.  :noggin:

erico

I have an account there so to keep contact with a few friends that discovered technology yesterday and think FB is a must hehe.
It is good for the girls though and to chat a bit...

bigsofty

None for me, not a great social networking fan.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrTAToad

Gernot does have a Facebook page :)

mentalthink

Yes it´s for this MrT, GLBasic it´s in FBook, only I told for this...

Kitty Hello

No, I deleted it. It annoyed and horrified me at the same time. I'm not ready for facing this kind of transparency, yet. I hope I never will.

erico

And now a days, with the "your life timeline" it gets more horrorizing.
I haven´t changed to that mode and I avoid using FB for anything then talking with a few chaps.

Since I work freelance, I can´t have clients managing my time by distance, time managing is my job.
Even my MSN is set to ALWAYS online for the very same reason.

I can see how people could use such to its own advantage, but it would mean more work for me and less free time, so currently it is a no.

I´m already pissed by google, like I browsed some shoes on net shoes to choose a couple to buy and now, every other page I visit google ads do me the favor to show an ad of netshoes showing the options I browsed, feels really intrusive.

doimus

The most horrifyng thing about facebook is automatic tagging.
Meaning, as soon as someone tags you in a picture anyhere, FB stores your facial characteristics data. Nice! Who needs fingerprints anyway.  :rtfm:
And I found about it AFTER I was tagged in a photo that I didn't take or put on FB.