Android Smart Watch compile possible?

Previous topic - Next topic

matchy

I'm presume a Android smart watch is just a smaller screen. I'm not so sure about them so I wonder would GLBasic compile for it?  :zzz:

erico

If someone has a watch we could give it a go-test. :good:
Personally, I was never a fan of watches.

Marmor

spacefractal

I'm have not looked how that work, but that require some sdk integration and using a quite new api. So it's not that simple.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

Quote from: Marmor on 2014-Nov-27
build your own Matchy !

Yeah, and make it pocketable old style, none of that wrist BS.  ;)

matchy

Yeah I would have imagined, spacefractal, that it's not the same. So I am Marmor, based on the Arduino (http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-your-own-smart-watch/) but it's not the same as a Will I Am watch.  :D Personally, I don't aim to have a watch as I can't remember when I last wore one but I do like the idea of being informed without having to take anything out of my pockets, Erico, then I don't want to reinvent the PDA but do want to utilize GSM, GPRS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth BR/EDR/BLE, GPS modules. ;) Creatively, it's something in between a PDA and watch, I feel but not sure.

erico

The style Matchy, think of the style! :D

I also don´t know anyone that have one, but think that a simple android compilation with the right resolution should do?
I wonder what we can access on them, it is a new territory. I recall Gernot once talked about adding pebble watch.

Not something I would wear (the least I wear or carry the better in a tropical country :D), but the media is on to it currently.
Could be an opportunity. Specially health+smart watch apps. They smell like sure sales.

matchy

Yeah, like interfaces style. I have various displays, some touch screen and color, so there are many ways communicate to it. During this process, it is finding how to use the Bluetooth and other devices.  :( Right now it's possible to use the Arduino BT'd to Android with the Arduino code processing the message protocols from Android. So a GLBasic Android app can be sending and receiving commands.  :) I have an UNO Ethernet shield and it can be much easier to connect in range with WiFi and so I'm waiting for a small WiFi module for Arduino. Also apart from the some astheticall cool menu system, there's fitting all that into a 3d case design.  :whistle:

matchy

Quote from: Marmor on 2014-Nov-27
build your own Matchy !
Well I have the a solar rechargeable, buttonless, BT desk clock so far that I designed a case for a white background pixel fill (color 128x128 non-touch tft).  ::)

Marmor

Muhaa my "smart" clock!

Time comes from a server

matchy

Hey alright Marmor. Now is that a touch screen on the right? How are you connected?

Marmor

Esp8266 wlan for < 5 bucks, the right thing is Gift card because i build it for a Friends Birthday.

matchy

Oh cool and that's the small Wifi module I mentioned before that's in shipping. You are ahead of me then.  :D So then what else do you have?  :whistle:

matchy

Marmor, it arrived and I ordered another. I have been trying out the esp8266 on the Arduino Pro Mini 3.3v and SoftwareSerial and I am able to connect to WiFi. I created a http client but, which retrieves the page but jumbled chars. I'm currently trying to work out a tcp connection to GLBasic. Have you or anyone done that?

Marmor

hmm iam not with arduino but ive created a webserver with the esp , download some strings from an echoing internet server ( big clock) and switch some i/o with a glb app on android
no problem of all , but i remember software serial on arduino hasnt fast baudrates , maybe this is your problem.

with the new esp software ( i recommended an update for the esp) you can switch to raw data mode,
so you dont need the framed sync data anymoore.

if you have any questions u can ask me maybe i can help .

gtx