[Release] tDB - Database for Everyone

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

best would be to not include stdxxx.h, but make your own tiny header and only include the typed you need. (for small libraries).

MrTAToad

The GLBasic headers file are rather out of date.  In addition, there are no headers for various platforms either, meaning the routine can't be used on, say, WIZ.

I usually try and remove all #include files and replace various functions with alternatives - for example, fopen gets replaced with open, as the latter is already defined by GLBasic and just needs an extern "C" to be accessible by all platforms...

trucidare

oops some days away and someone dig out the tDB Thread :/
there are some issues? Should i make a new, better version?
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

MrTAToad

Yeah, go on - it'll be a right larf :)

FutureCow

It would be great to have good database integration as part of the language if you have the time to improve it!

trucidare

ok i will use some brain to make a new - better one - hmm a object based one?
*use pen & paper*

kanonet

I would like to get a new one too, multiplattform plz (i need it on linux).
OO? - i would like it with as less overhead as possible, i was even thinking about using a mysql server. But i have no DB/SQL knowledge, so if you make it easy to use, i have no problem with some overhead.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

FutureCow

Please no OO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trucidare

the old one was crossplatform too - i released the source and it could be compiled for all platformes that can use sqlite3.
i wanted to try to store types in database - so you can use db.store(myType)

a database type with fake methods which kitty made possible somne Versions before.