Curso de Juegos en la Uni de Wiskonsy

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

https://class.coursera.org/videogameslearning-001/class/index
Pues eso es un curso, pero creo que es más de temas legislativos o burocráticos que técnico, no estoy seguro, pero lo poco que leí no recuerdo que hubiera cosas técnicas, que supongo que las habrá...

Si os animáis, algo nuevo seguro que se aprende, lo bueno de estos cursos, que son un poco, que suspendes se lo pasan por el forro, o sea no hay que aprovar aunque hay examenes, y hay que dedicar poco rato a la semana...

Pues nada si eso nos vemos por alli también.

erico

"És una das mejores universidades de los EUA!"

I have been to Madison once and it a great place. The University of Wisconsin is one the best there is in the US.
So there is a great chance this course is pretty good.

Hey, that state was colonized by Germans so we expect people there to be hard workers! :D :D

I think I will give a try as soon as I move house here. :(

mentalthink

Pues no lo sabía... :|

I always earn Columbia, and Carneggie Melon?¿, Hardvard obviusly and Stanford, I watch a Mgazine on TV and cost in this last Uniersity 15 million Pesetas for year....  Here I think we go with in the same direction , I think the free Education will be killed in the next years...

erico

Best brazilian universities are public and cost zero. They are hard to impossible to get in though.
I´m not sure this model is much good either.

I would like to do an MFa at Uni Wisconsin, cinema, game or art related. Their current estimated price in total including living there is about 80k dollars :o
I mean, who has this kind of money lying around? We could earn this but since I´m an international student I would have to prove I already have it in my pocket.

So scholarships are the better way to go I guess, also hard to impossible to get in though. =D
But we keep trying, mimimi won´t get me anywhere.

My brother did PHD and post PHD in genetics at Stanford, all scholarship stuff. It is from him and the international academic community that I get the info about the high quality of UWm. We don´t get much international propaganda or info about that here in brazil, we just get info on those universities you stated.

Either way, I really like the prospect of the course you just posted.
I will try research it a bit more. Thanks again Mental!

mentalthink

80k dollars it's money but I think will be a lot of more... this it's about 14 millones de pesetas (I think I don't see this quantity in all my live else I go to Bingo and I win  =D =D =D well EuroBingo the prize it's huge  :D :D :D :D)

It's a great quantity but for a complete career I thinked in Usa will be very very expensive... But I rebenmber a guy here in the forum I don't know who is, he comment the people in Usa have the debt for all his lifes for the studi and perhaps they don't works in what they want...

erico

USA issues a lot of scholarships for their citizens.

80k dollars = ~200k reais... Enough to raise a business and live of it should you know your ways around commerce(I don´t) :sick:
While I lived in the US, I knew many families that were saving money to afford higher education. They were saving it even before the kid was born.

It´s a tough call, many of my american friends didn´t go for university. Some are doing fine, others are not...and some that did are working on different areas.

EDIT: WTF back on topic, I´m in the course now! Tiemos de ter buenos cabrones en la jugada!! :D :D

mentalthink

Yes about the people in usa save money for a lot of years I know, the problem will be waste the money and after can't works of this, I think this it's equal here or in another part of the world, I listen some moths ago, the complex task like computing science, and this kind of studies complex, the people don't do, they prefer History or another things more easy, seem this it's the cause of the enginners gain alot of money in America too.

Ah you are in clase..?¿ :D :D -"Vete preparando que el colegio sale en llamas, en 2 semanas ya nos han hechado a la calle"  :D :D :D