Update

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Thanks!  No idea where I got it from - but it came with a load of Linux logos too...

Nobiag

so it will never be like before?
that photoshop workaround doesn't work for me. can i get an old glbasic version anywhere?

Kitty Hello

Don't rely on a buggy version. You'll soon regret it. Fix your images and code.

Nobiag

i tried to fix it, but it still looks different. or maybe i didn't understand this fix as it was supposed to. i almost always use sprites with a small border of halftransparent pixels anyway, but i still tried that thing with another layer and blur and 1% opacity in photoshop. it didn't help.

Nobiag

i attached two pictures to show what i mean. the first one shows how it looked like before the update and the other one after.

on the play button i tried the photoshop fix. i copied it, pasted it in the layer below, used gaussian blur, set the opacity to 1% and saved it again. but as you can see, there is a shadow-like border around the button anyway. i use effects like this a lot.
in the newest version i can't get a smooth transition like in the older picture anymore and i tried everything code-related like smoothshading and alphamode as well as the photoshop thing.
this sprite is not scaled or rotated, but this definitely changed with the same update.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kitty Hello

try disabling alpha-testing here. (ALPHATESTING 1, IIRC)

Nobiag

oh ooops... i missed that command. thank you, i think everything works fine for me now...  :whistle:

Wampus

The problem with the method I first described is that it doesn't work so well for the outline of images which have a low alpha to begin with. Setting the opacity to 1% of a layer which is already very transparent can result in the colour becoming too faint to register in the final PNG. Its a peril of digital data.

So, there isn't really a catch-all way of ensuring the outline colour is correctly set. In many instances a bit of photo editing kung-fu is required for the perfect look.

erico

Quote from: Wampus on 2011-Dec-12
So, there isn't really a catch-all way of ensuring the outline colour is correctly set. In many instances a bit of photo editing kung-fu is required for the perfect look.

kung fu photoshop hehe great. We have done a few playboy´s magazine around here other than products and so on.
You would not imagine how much kung fu is needed, specially to match what is to be a ´standard´ look of products(human or object) these days.

Once I was working on a playboy job and my father saw the raw images....he screamed in agony hehe :noggin:

Ian Price

Quote from: erico on 2011-Dec-12
Quote from: Wampus on 2011-Dec-12

kung fu photoshop hehe great. We have done a few playboy´s magazine around here other than products and so on.
You would not imagine how much kung fu is needed, specially to match what is to be a ´standard´ look of products(human or object) these days.

Once I was working on a playboy job and my father saw the raw images....he screamed in agony hehe :noggin:
You lucky, lucky man. =D
I came. I saw. I played.

ampos

Really it is "Kung FutoShop"

I use it daily, 9 hours per day, with people.
check my web and/or my blog :D
http://diniplay.blogspot.com (devblog)
http://www.ampostata.org
http://ampostata.blogspot.com
I own PC-Win, MacBook 13", iPhone 3G/3GS/4G and iPAC-WinCE

erico

Quote from: Ian Price on 2011-Dec-12
You lucky, lucky man. =D
Oh no, not quite....
...but welcome to peace and love inc! :S