Multisampling - Fullscreen bug - WinXP SP3

Previous topic - Next topic

aonyn

Hi Gernot,

I just noticed what I think may be a bug with multisampling and fullscreen mode in windows.
I am starting on a 3d project, using the entity system, and using a windows xp sp3 computer, and Geforce GTX 560 Ti, Driver 266.66

The app runs in windowed mode always.
In fullscreen mode, it runs with multisampling turned off.
If I turn on multisampling, the app crashes immediately, and wants to send an error report to microsoft.

Is this a known issue, or is it perhaps something on my system, or a glbasic bug?

Thanks,
Dave
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9

Wampus

I have a couple of XP SP3 computers. Zip up a test file and I'll see if the same problem occurs.

aonyn

Hi Wampus,

Here is my entire project folder zipped.
The fullscreen is currently off in project options, as well as multisampling is off.

I have a setscreen command near the top of the main file, which is currently set to false for fullscreen as well.
I have tried commenting out the setscreen command, and relied on changing only the project options, as well as using the setscreen command set to true and multisampling in options.

On my machine, multisampling crashes every time.

Thanks for taking a look.  :)

Regards,
Dave

[attachment deleted by admin]
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9

Wampus

n/p

Couldn't get a crash with XP SP3 on an old Pentium 4, Atom Netbook and a Q6600 all running Intel GPUs. Would try with an Athlon 64 6000+ with Radeon HD 2400 Pro but I wiped XP off it. Maybe try tomorrow since I have to rebuild it anyway.

I tried changing the multisample amounts with fullscreen on in the options or making the app go fullscreen with SETSCREEN. I also tried 10.191 and 10.231 builds of GLBasic. All seemed to work the same and didn't crash.

Although far from certain I suspect the problem is going to be something to do with OpenGL and the GeForce card. Might be worth playing with the card settings or drivers to see if it can be resolved that way.

aonyn

Thanks Wampus,

I will look into my graphics card, and I will post back here if I find anything.

Regards,
Dave