iPhone Console Version

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Why would you want another sound library?
I can rename these functions if you wish. I don't really see the point, though.

bigsofty

I am trying to use this, http://xors3d.com/ixors3d , with GLBasic.

I currently have it running on the iPhone, compiled with GLBasic but both are trying to initialise an OpenAL context, which is causing problems.

iXors3D would add a lot features to the GLBasic iPhone development chain and allow for Blitz3D programmers, to smoothly move into iPhone development using GLBasic.

Like I have said, I have already managed to get it to compile, link and run but I have no control over what runs from within GLBasic.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

OK, I'll wrap mine in the __GLBASIC__ namespace then.

bigsofty

Thanks Gernot, I appreciate you giving it a go.  ;)
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

codegit

Gernot, thanks. I think that being able to use iXors3d from GLBASIC is a big plus.  =D
------------------------------------------
1 X Acer TravelMate 4270, laptop, XP PRO
1 X Dell Studio 17 laptop, Windows 7
1 X MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 9400M
2 X iTouch
1 X HTC Desire (Android 2.1)
iPad soon to be added

bigsofty

Update.

The programmer of iXors3D has added a 'remove all existing OpenAL contexts' function to his OpenAL initialisation. This seems to work fine, no OpenAL clashing errors yet (still testing). So, there may be no need to change anything Gernot. Thanks for the offer.

@CodeGit, would you be interested in testing? If so, PM me your email address please.
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

codegit

Yes definitely interested. I will send PM.  :good:
------------------------------------------
1 X Acer TravelMate 4270, laptop, XP PRO
1 X Dell Studio 17 laptop, Windows 7
1 X MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 9400M
2 X iTouch
1 X HTC Desire (Android 2.1)
iPad soon to be added