Dino Defense

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

Cheers for the clarification :)

It's a shame about the pc version, but there you go. It wasn't just here that lacked interest but a couple of other sites I posted on too.

The Pandora version seems to be going down well though :)
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

I guess the PC version needs more `display´.
People will love it but they must ´find´ it to do so.

I have been compiling a list of indie sites as well as online stores in a hope to do advertisement and also distribute to as many online stores as possible should I happen to finish my game.

I plan to share it all and I hope we can all add to that to our own benefit.

Work has got me off the track to finish my game for the pandora comp :'(
Such is really sad.

But hey! now you get my vote! :P

r0ber7

This game reminds me of Prehistorik. Which is a good thing.  :good:

One of the first games I ever played, I loved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mDNnBQbmqU  =D

Nathan

And it sort of reminds me a game I've just downloaded for iOS ...

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/1096-ad-knight-crusades/id511197591?ls=1&mt=8

Looking at the screenshots you probably think it doesn't look anything like this but if you play it you might see might I mean.  Erm, maybe.

BdR

The graphics look great, did you do them yourself? If so, what tools did you use?

Ian Price

MSPaint for all images and GIMP to add blur to the background image.

Just downloaded that Cruseads game. Not played it yet. DD was not based on any existing game (that I know of), other than Plants vs Zombies, and I deliberately aimed for something different to that too.
I came. I saw. I played.

Ian Price

I've updated the game quite a bit since the first version (and fixed numerous bugs). Here's the Windows version -  http://www.iprice.remakes.org/my_stuff/DinoDefense_pc.zip

Pandora version available from the Pandora Repo - http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=dinodefense-dinodefense-15443
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

that's a really lovely game. I like the concept.

r0ber7

Level 3 isn't easy! Fun game it is.  8)

Ian Price

Remember, you can replay earlier levels to help build up your bones - spend these on upgrades to make everything a bit easier.
I came. I saw. I played.

r0ber7

I didn't get the concept of the bones. It just said "use it for upgrades" but no one told me how. I'm intentionally stupid, cause your future players will be. ;-)

Kitty Hello

yes. Didn't get the bone thing, too.

Ian Price

Due to time constraints etc. I didn't explain much about anything. Obviously future versions will expand and make these things clearer.

If you still don't understand the bones are currency which can be spent in the upgrade shop (click on the spanner on the unit selection screen). There you will find a number of possible units that you can purchase or upgrade to improve your units or to make life easier.

In the upgrade screen -

All purchases are permanent. You never lose the skills/bonuses.

The statues (top left) will increase the number of spheres they produce by 1, starting from an initial 10.

The soul spheres (top right) increase your starting funds per level (you start with 20)

The hearts increase your lives. Every time a dino gets past your defence units you lose one life.

Slots increase the number of units you can take into battle with you in each round.

The extra units (if unlocked) will allow you to create newer more powerful/defensive versions of those you have.

You seriously need to upgrade to reach higher levels and get the most out of the game. How you upgrade though is entirely up to you...
I came. I saw. I played.

kanonet

Very nice game, played the Windows version. Played all lvls until i got 3 stars everywhere, hard game but repeating lvls does reduce fun, so its really good. Darn i hate velociraptors, i lost so many games cuz of them.^^

Did you create a 2nd world yet? Cuz i played all lvls in 1st one and cant enter the 2nd

minor bugs:
-Velociraptor has no attack value displayed in dinosaur list.
-3 new soldiers in upgrade menus doesnt look the same when they are sold out.
-click on exit get ignored sometimes (playes sound but doesnt end program).
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

erico

Great! a hard action game is just for me!
Some little quibles here and there but just great.

I see a few glitches on the gfx part, posting a pic, like the usual lines around the sprites, sometimes they don´t appear, like on the menu and so.
Strange, I saw the same stuff on Asobitech´s games, seems like no one notices it, may be my gfx board?

Exit button goes the same way Kanonet reported.
Upgrading icon should not be a screwdriver, looks more like a config button but ok.

The thing is tough, like I know Ian´s games on the puzzle´s side, well done, it seems a mix between action and puzzle as some levels requires fast thinking and some can only be beaten by a few ways.

Should Tetris not be invented I guess it would have come up by your hands :good:

Sound/music is great.

After you win a match music freezes and things proceed, there should be a little while before that IMHO.

Preview dosen´t actually tell you where things are coming but who, but that I guess as a feature.

Will get my vote, choose the pearl pandora would you?

ps:forgot the img

edit again: jpg is a little dirty, I mean the lines that square the cavemans (only seen at the top) as well as the top vulcano, which in not antialiased as the rest, the top vulcano displays a full square. Since I´m editing there, make those clouds move will you? hehe, no need, quite a frenetic game already.

[attachment deleted by admin]