New book for code clubs

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Hi Guys

Been v busy of late - I am trying to get a book done for code clubs to program in Sinclair BASIC.
I chose Sinclair BASIC as its very popular in UK and lots of teachers and adults grew up with Sinclair machines.

I am putting together 20 Games as Type-In listings in the book.

I also have 70+ people signed up for notifications when available.

http://goo.gl/ovPH7e

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

mentalthink

Very interesting, if you want MrPlow I comment in a few sites... "El Mundo del Spectrum" and "Zona de pruebas", sure they like to see your book.
Perhaps a very good site is Woz (I read sometime ago, don't works the server... not sure about this).

And obviously Facebook, the Retro-people like all systems , not like the 80's kids wars between Amstrad Spectrum and other Systems

Comment me and I put in all this sites.  :good:

Ian Price

WOS is back online, but it's still not 100%

Great news there MrPlow. And for book 2 Z80 game coding...

BTW - Any chance to see the games in action?
I came. I saw. I played.

MrPlow

Quote from: mentalthink on 2015-Sep-14
Very interesting, if you want MrPlow I comment in a few sites... "El Mundo del Spectrum" and "Zona de pruebas", sure they like to see your book.
Perhaps a very good site is Woz (I read sometime ago, don't works the server... not sure about this).

And obviously Facebook, the Retro-people like all systems , not like the 80's kids wars between Amstrad Spectrum and other Systems

Comment me and I put in all this sites.  :good:

Cool Mentalthink sure thing !
Comp:

MrPlow

Hi Ian

I am still tweaking and I have some screenshots...
They're not super fancy - just fun games for small coding sessions...for beginners and code clubs

Comp:

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

Those games looking nice for a basic games :-).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

Cheers Guys,

I have a working Battleship, Snake and Tetris games too :)
Comp:

spacefractal

and do a Flappy Bird game too, hehe. Im have eailer seen such of one in this forum.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

MrPlow

Yep! Thats in there too :)

My Breakout clone - speed is increased to show the game at a faster speed.

Comp:

mentalthink

Hi MrPlow. A user of FB put this about your book, I think you make illusion.

Hola! Los reyes me han dejado este libro! No he picado ningún código, pero tiene muy muy buena pinta! Sí, tiene errores de traducción, pero se sigue perfectamente. Muy bien explicado! Ideal, sobretodo si tenemos el Basic del Spectrum oxidado. Completamente recomendable! Ya os contaré como sigo!

HI the Magic Kings (In spain is the same like StaClaus, something similar, but they are 3 guys) , I don't pick any code, but have got very good looking. Ok have errors in the translation but is very easy to follow the lecture, perfectly. Very well explained. Perfect if we have the Basic of ZX a bit oxidized. Very recomendable. I will say you something more...

Seems the people like your book... good luck with selling it, and if you do a game or something comment me, don't cost nothing put in any forum or any place for people see it...

Regards,

MrPlow

Thanks Mental Think :)

I released the Spanish version when a fan of the book mentioned the Spanish ZX fans would enjoy it and have since fixed a couple of typos on the cover.
I was #1 in Amazon.es for Game Programming the week before xmas. Which was nice!

The English version did well last year and this year, and still selling well for January.

Comp: