Another good console(for us?¿) PSP Vita (Home TV)

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/60979/ps-vita-tv-plays-psp-ps-vita-ps4-games-on-television

HI I put this here becuase it's extrange in the forum noboy comment it.. It's a PSP Vita for home, really cheaper about 75€, less than OUYA... Perhaps for someone can be interesting, I think PSP Vita supports Android games, then we can do things for this console, ins't?¿...

I comment because I think the market can be better than OUYA or not, but another possibily more for us and developements with GLbasic...

Ian Price

Unfortunately it's not quite a Vita - it doesn't play ALL of the Vita back catalogue and some games that it will play aren't compatible due to the handset lacking the touchpad and/or touchscreen.

I like the idea, but if I want to play Vita games, I think I'd just buy a Vita.
I came. I saw. I played.

mentalthink

Ok Ian I just thinked it's another PSP VITA, I think really this it's another 4 Core like Chinnese Android USB put in TV...

But another thing it's good , if really doesn't the real market of PSP Vita and this console it's minus powerfull , then can be more easy make games or the kind of games adapted to this console...

Only was for advice... The trouble of these days, it's the bunch of consoles in the market, or you have an Studio or a lot of money for testing all consoles or better make the product for only a couple of platforms...

Ian Price

It IS a real official SONY device, and it really is based on the Vita and is just as powerful. It's not a Chinese knock off. It just lacks some of the features that makes the Vita a Vita and therefore the compatibility is reduced.
I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

This device have nothing android to due and uses own system.

So im thinks just like vita, its would require c# and hence its incompatible with glbasic.

ps. The idea is howover cool.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

bigsofty

I would hazard a guess it is a Tegra 4 Android device running a custom Vita emulator, PS3 game-play streaming feature is too close to the NVidia Shield PC game-play streaming. That's not a bad deal though as its a 3rd of the price of a Shield(minus the screen etc.). But Sony, being Sony, this will have a closed app store and I am no way interested in being re-walled in another Apple App Store wannabe again.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

spacefractal

Vita uses a PowerVR SGX543MP4+, so im guess PSP Vita Home TV uses the same gpu or similar, not a Tegra 4. The system have nothing Android to do at all.

PS. Plus its wont come outside Japan at all. Sony have said they have no plans to sell this device outside Japan. So for home console, me guess GameSticks, Nvidia Shield or Ouya is a better choice. Im did never got a email back from the GameSticks Team about the SDK. So OUYA is property the best home console for us by now.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Ian Price

It also supports PSP games BTW.

Is has been announced that this will reach territories outside of Japan too, which is a very clever move for SONY, trying to muscle into the portable/tv market for users not willing to shell out on a VITA, PSP or ANDROID console. And at a very nice price.
I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

Vita could emulatate PSP too on the download tiles too. Vita is still a very new highend hardware and hence its is not possible to emulator that. Its would require around 5-10 times horse power for doing that in decent speed.

But of course:
if Vita could can emulator PSP/PS1 and play the downloaded titles, then Vita Home could do the same too.

Im do like the idea behing Home TV too, and seens to been a good price (even its would been around 50-100% higher when its come to Denmark). Im could get that one, if it got to Denmark.