GBAL, Discussion

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

write it to the help-file with //! comment.

Hemlos

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2008-Aug-16

Excellent, im merging topics relating to this subject,  moving it gbal snippets, and making it sticky.

Gernots Recommendation is noted and will be expected as a standard of GBAL usage:
Put your name, email addy, date, and example usage, etc, into the helpfile.....

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2008-Aug-16
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

Kuron

Extrapolating on what I said before.  To help avoid any possible conflicts with other libs, it would be nice if people also use their prefix for the lib as a prefix for the commands in their lib. 

Example commands from my WIP libs:

SRCompress
SRConsoleOpen

Schranz0r

that's a great idea !
But pls create a helpfile, too.
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Kuron

Don't worry, I would never release something without comprehensive documentation :good:

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

Heiko

Gernot can you make that by using a .gbal the functions are available in the right box in the editor?
Sometimes it´s useful to see the functions faster than in the help file.

Kitty Hello

Not easily.
Create a help file.
I will try to improve the helpfile output a bit, though.

Heiko

okay perhaps you can make the helpfile index that it is sorted.(if i sort the functions)

Heiko

i have a helpfile in the xors3d.rar on first post in my xors3s wrapper thread...

i thought he would make a better help file creation intern.

i read to fast....i fly.....smile....

S. P. Gardebiter

I have a question: How to make a .gbal? :>
I never saw an option there to make one in the editor.
~ Cave Story rules! ~

Quentin

you'll find under "Utilities - Compress file as bibl"   (don't know exactly as I have the german version :)))

S. P. Gardebiter

Quote from: Quentin on 2010-Apr-21
(don't know exactly as I have the german version :)))

What's the point? I have the german version too D;

Anyway thanks, I found it o:
~ Cave Story rules! ~

Kitty Hello

It compresses your source code to an unreadable format so you can share it. The problem is - someone has shown a way to make it partially readable again. :(

Albert

I'm trying to use a gbal, but compiler fails.
I've even tried in the samples directory the TCK sample.
Compiler simply told me that the function I try to call isn't defined (it is, in the gbal file)