[kickstarter] the untold history of Japanese game developers

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

Glb is what? around 10 years old? It would be a nice story.

mentalthink

10 years of GLbasic ?¿, this it's practically a life... perhaps can be better in 30 years forward and we remenber a thing called iPhone  :D :D

@erico, about MSX you are confused, the spaninsh games for msx, don't was too much good, basically them are direct ports from Spectrum to MSX, MSX it's a extrange thing in Europe don't was a great sell computer. Amiga Atari and this things don't works in Spain to, the companies don't make good movments, and in Spain only somepeoples we have the lucky enjoy of Amiga... Try Risky Woods, fantastic.

erico

I did have risky woods, really nice, almost a Rygar!
Now that you mention yep, lot´s of spanish software were ports from zx spectrum. But at least they did a lot of stuff even if ports.

There were only a few brazilian games for msx, mainly advendutes and not quite good.
Tell you the truth, brazilians never developed anything game related substantially enough.

And people didn´t quite seem to be interested in computers at all. Maybe just after year 2000 with cheap computers and internet and orkut+facebook and girls using it that people showed some interest. Maybe too many beaches and sun fry their head a little too much :P

Edit: I think GLB is even older then 10, probably 14? It did had another name long time ago didn´t it?

mentalthink

No Erico the problem in your country are this:
1.the women
2.the beach
3.the heat
4.el carnaval
=D =D =D

Out the jokes, the Computers(this we comment a bit in Spanish Forum), I think not too much people have or was interested about Computers, I think this commes into oneself , here was the same in 95 when PC commes more cheaper... well 200.000 ptas was a very high prize, the people begun to buy computers, whit the first good speeds of internet the people buy more, but only for films and music, I think here the people think in a Computer like a washer or a blender, but the good thing it's computer have free films and free music...

Another thing it's about videogames, I don't know if this in another countries it's similar, but here who played to videogames was a nerd or who uses computers it's the extrange guy... but I think this it's most common in all the world, if you think in a computer, it's a complex device and well... now we stay in 2013 but really it's a very newer device yet, the mind of the population it's more focused in another things... IMHO.

kanonet

Quote from: mentalthink on 2013-Jun-07
No Erico the problem in your country are this:
1.the women
2.the beach
3.the heat
4.el carnaval
=D =D =D
Cant see a Problem here! Ok, besides the heat...
:nana:
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

MrTAToad

The MSX was designed to try and standardise computers - it was a pretty poor performing machine (in all respects, although it was popular in the East).

BdR

There was a £5000 backer ("The hilariously expensive tier") so for now it looks like it might make it after all.. :)