Genius Greedy Mouse Released!

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

I have currently focus trying to get kiip.me working. Kiip.me is a reward service which seen suit this game nice. I have not heard about this service, before I got contacted by them. Its look pretty nice to been added, so the archivements I have in my game can something to been used too.

Also the crash bug can been fixed by apply a document file to the game, If you have the crash issue. It's on my support page.

Also hope Apple not reject due other two small bugs (version number in iTunes inconnect and binary is slightly different (because I dev rejected a bin), and a possible but in help text, stating its a light version (but its might do auto correct its self after playing few levels). None of them is a breaker at all!
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

spacefractal

New binary release and online at AppStore. Gernot can you check that one works? It's works nice now here, dispite the tiny help text issue.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Kitty Hello

Works a charm on iPad3 and iPhone4. Amazing game (no pun intd.)

spacefractal

Im still updating this game and v1.2 does now have a "Load Checkpoint/Save Checkpoint" for those of you which wanted a sort of a undo feature. Since I diddent like undo directly, this was a alternative.

Im are currectly working the original XOR levels in the Greedy Mouse style, but Im are still not sure they will been in the official game.

That even there is some differences from the original as well those XOR inspirated levels. Example I use balls as a fish and those blue shoots as chickens (sometimes also pacmans too). They dont behaiver 100% like XOR (which was never intended), same with wall dirts. Im also uses one mouse instead of two mices (which would been in XOR), and the map item is removed (not required, due camera is still in Greedy Mouse style of course, which have a much better overview over a level). I do added explosions as well light feature from the XOR recently (while graphics is still in placeholders). Those differences meant puzzles from XOR have been slighted changed here and there to suit the Greedy Mouse style.

Still im are not sure those levels will been in in the near future. But its fun doing that :-D.

Also Im are planning to do another little bonus area, which could been named "lights" or something like that.

But its also soon time for me write a another game, but is still unplanned what I want to write.

spacefractal

Im are still working to fix remainings bugs as well adding a little surprice. I thinks its only details before I can release the inspirated XOR levels with permission from Paul (original programmer from XOR). Those levels will been added as a secret main village (which also been much less confuction where you are in next version) after collection around 100-150 stars:

Of course those are XOR levels, but played in the Greedy Mouse style =D (using pacmans/left shoots as duck, balls/bombs (only one or two bombs) as fish, and you only play with one mouse only. So levels did require changes here and there (Paul want me doing that, but he only want to make sure they are sovleable).  Light and XOR style bombs is also included as new features.

I do think this update will been released somewhere in Ferbuary, then after then Im might going want to creaet a new game. But as long its fun to countinue on this game im doing that.

PS. This the promo is x2 scaling for this time with a XOR level behind, while the level its self is full hd/retina. That promo was just taken from the facebook page.

BdR

I have a question about the tiles. You said you have one big tiles image, and use POLYVECTOR to draw tiles from this image. For low resolution you have a 1024x1024 tiles image, and the background and walls each take 49 tiles. I was wondering, do you draw whole tiles or halve tiles? See what I mean in images below.

And also, is the font and the direction keys and buttons etc. also in this 1024x1024 image?

spacefractal

Whole tiles and more than one layer (shadows, items etc). We also did not use all possible tiles at all, so 49 tiles on wall wnd dirt was nothing problem (we used 50x50 pixels each in 1024x1024 version).

Font and mouse is both on each own images, and menu items as well buttons does not use POLYVECTOR at all (which uses own image, not a tile sheet).

Marmor

haha i play this on my ouya ! great
the muzak is awesome !!!

kanonet

I *really* like this game and play it often! I think the last Update was a bit buggy, it seems like it does not remember which difficult I have selected, I can select Genius Mode even thou I have not brought it, and I just finished a village with all 3 star levels, but on world map its only counted as a 2 star village.

BTW what does Genius Mode do, only higher difficult or also more lvls? Are there still promo codes available or something like that?
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

spacefractal

First at all, thanks for the feedback.

I'm can't send promo codes, since it's not possible to so that for inapp purchases at all, even im want to do that.

1. Which village did you see the two star reward, which should been three (Medium 1 mightbeen)?
2. Which platform was it on?
3. You should of course not been possible to select Genius mode if not purchase it. Howover its does recheck when leave a village and set its to easy if not purchased eventuelly, its on purpose (but confuction here). But did the game save its correctly when its was in easy or normal mode?
4. Genius Mode is a harder version of all levels, and possible to get 4 stars on each level, and more elements on the levels, and sometimes slightly changed/bigger version of a level too. So its a some sort of a replay.

kanonet

1. I think it was the reverse logic village, but not 100% sure. - BTW reverse logic was one of the most fun village of all.
2. Android.
3. It also did not remember light or normal difficult. Also selection did not change anything IIRC, i think it did always play in normal mode.

BTW where do you save gamestats, etc? I may want to save this to try some other rom for my phone and I dont want to lose my game progress.
I have never spend a single cent on apps, but if I ever get my hand on a playstore card, I probably will buy your game. Thanks for creating it and good luck! :good:
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

spacefractal

on any bonus village (those which only have 6-8 levels each), you can only get two stars when completed all levels with three stars. Its due they are quite fewer levels like the rest and threated as a bonus village.

Savegames is saved to the App own document folder, which is only safe way to save thing today. previous version, its was saved to the Download public folder, but a Recent Android version prevent to do that, so im have no other choice.

But yes im should look on a cloud service, so save games can been synced. On KitKat, you can also not save to SDCard anymore, except on a special App document folder. A Sad choice by Google. This is not checked by AE yet, but im do should do that throught.

PS. The difficult issue is fixed and just uploaded a v1.8.2. Its a stupid error, and was happens after have do a premium version the game for GameStick, but did not checked it correctled when its was not on GameStick. But if you did select Genius mode unpiad, its did change t o light throught as its should.

spacefractal

Genius Greedy Mouse v2.0 release to iOS with using the old Premium model again. Its used a fremium model in a while, but did never have succes with it. That also mean im do can send some promo codes eventuelly, which was not possible to do that with inapp purchasees.

There will not been change for the Android version, due its impossible to do that on Google Play. But the version do integrated ads anyway for the free version here.

Greedy Mouse Mazes:
Im will later this month release a new Greedy Mouse game, which will have mazes as main focus, relaxed gameplay in mind, and much less in puzzles. Also its a easier game for causel player, which got confuction with the XOR gameplay. By now im have created aroung 50 various mazes, and only missing few to complete this version and will sell a tier cheaper (that why back to the Premium model for Genius Greedy Mouse). As a bonus thing, im have include the light levels which was used as a "demo" for Android version last year.

The new version would been released as its own app, due there is too much differents between both game, even they share the same graphics. You also get stars in a different way (collect one star for completing a level, 3 stars if you eaten all cheeses, you can collect up to 4).

Slydog

Can't wait to see the new changes!
What - no 'random' mazes!?   :P
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

spacefractal

mazes is all random, but do in a controlled form depend on the level design and items used (often mixes none random and random in the same level). This is same kind of thing you saw in the Maze bonus village in Genius Greedy Mouse, just expanded it.

There is by now 80 levels in the game:
56 main maze levels in 6 villages and 34 none random levels in the bonus area.