PLAYMOVIE: Scaling Movie Size

Previous topic - Next topic

Pebah

I'm a new user of GLBasic, trying it out to see if it can do what I want--a non-game app that shows video, pics, text, in other words, a multimedia application that is easy to program. I have several questions now, but will start with basic issues.

I'm playing a movie using the PLAYMOVIE command. The movie was converted from a .mov to an .avi in Quicktime Player on a Mac. It was originally 320x240. How do I show that movie at that size and not scale it up to full screen as is happening now? Also how do I set the movie's location in the window?

Kitty Hello

try using SETSCREEN 320,240,0 before PLAYMOVIE.
It's always stretched to the full window size, isn't it?

Minion

Is there any other commands for the PLAYMOVIE command ? Have been fiddling around with this today as there was something I wanted to do. So far it just plays the move in the screen as best it can (keeping aspect ratio) but has whit stripped lines where its not filled ;( Is there any way to play the movie to a background screen or bitmap or something so that it can be used on object or other things ? Its one thing I used to do in the past (in DB) and have multiple cubes rotating around the screen while showing different videos on them.

MrTAToad

Thats because DB was using DirectX for the movie playing rather than the Windows Multimedia functions which is rather basic...

Kitty Hello

No rendering of movie to texture so far. I think that's pretty hard if not impossible for x-platform.
You *might* want to call ffmepg(.exe) to extract a single frame as jpg and load that? This might work in the desktop platforms at least. I always wanted to make an example for a basic video cutting app.