NOOB Help

Previous topic - Next topic

ampos

You can download DIGITAL PHOTO FRAME (it is in WebOS and free in Android) and you can see someking of GUI done by me (buttons and lists).
check my web and/or my blog :D
http://diniplay.blogspot.com (devblog)
http://www.ampostata.org
http://ampostata.blogspot.com
I own PC-Win, MacBook 13", iPhone 3G/3GS/4G and iPAC-WinCE

TI-994A

Quote from: ampos on 2012-Mar-17
You can download DIGITAL PHOTO FRAME (it is in WebOS and free in Android) and you can see someking of GUI done by me (buttons and lists).
Thank you. Will get my hands on an Android phone later today, and definitely give it a try.
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too!

TI-994A

Quote from: ampos on 2012-Mar-17
Cool app! Really good picture transitions and nice scrollable settings menu. Did you use DDGUI to draw them?
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too!

ampos

No, it is not DDGUI. It is a "library" I made called "filelists", as it was originally used for the "select a file window" you can see in photo-manager in the same app.

In the end I have 3 types of dilelist library: the original, the one you see in the settings menu and the one used in Navigator, called "iconlist" as it display lists of icons.
check my web and/or my blog :D
http://diniplay.blogspot.com (devblog)
http://www.ampostata.org
http://ampostata.blogspot.com
I own PC-Win, MacBook 13", iPhone 3G/3GS/4G and iPAC-WinCE

TI-994A

Quote from: ampos on 2012-Mar-18
No, it is not DDGUI. It is a "library" I made called "filelists", as it was originally used for the "select a file window" you can see in photo-manager in the same app.
I wasn't sure at first, but I've tried your app on two Android phones, a Sony Ericsson Arc, and an HTC Desire, and on bothe phones, the text on the bottom row buttons in the settings screen seem to overlap one another. Also, these buttons are not as responsive as the ones on the scroll menu; it takes a few presses before any response. Are these glitches that you're aware of?

MrTAToad

The first thing you need to remember is that up until very recently, phones were slow - comes from using Java :)  I dont know about the latest dual-core phone's, but their performance should be much better.

It is also possible that Ampos's programs were published before Gernot removed a few unneeded debug statements which did slow things down about.

Finally, and I dont know whether Ampos uses scaled graphics, but scaled sprites have a massive impact on performance.

TI-994A

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2012-Mar-19
The first thing you need to remember is that up until very recently, phones were slow - comes from using Java :)  I dont know about the latest dual-core phone's, but their performance should be much better.

It is also possible that Ampos's programs were published before Gernot removed a few unneeded debug statements which did slow things down about.

Finally, and I dont know whether Ampos uses scaled graphics, but scaled sprites have a massive impact on performance.
Thanks for the info. Does GLBasic ultimately generate only platform-specific native executables, or does it also generate JavaScript webapps? For example, does WebOS also have a native executable format?

MrTAToad

Yes, it's all native applications - webOS applications are distinct from Android ones etc etc

There was an HTML 5 test application somewhere that could convert GLBasic stuff for use on the web - should be in the Beta testing section somewhere...

Schranz0r

Noob? Were?

How makes the train? RIGHT -> Noooooooooooob Noooooooooooooob :D

Anyway: Great answers in the top posts!
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

TI-994A

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2012-Mar-19
Yes, it's all native applications - webOS applications are distinct from Android ones etc etc

There was an HTML 5 test application somewhere that could convert GLBasic stuff for use on the web - should be in the Beta testing section somewhere...
Thanks, but I have NSBasic for JavaScript and HTML5. The only reason I'm asking is to reduce redundancies on time and effort. I'm already anchored into PureBasic for desktop apps, on both Win32/64 and OSX Intel/68x, and I'm now looking at GLBasic to expand into the mobile platform. Like I said earlier; although these may all be BASICs, they're worlds apart in syntax and structure. I'm sure you can imagine the confusion when jumping from one to another. The only common denominator is the underlying BASIC command set and logic, and even those are not 100% syntactically identical

mentalthink

@Schranz0r, in Spain make "chuuuuuuuuuuu chuuuuuuuuuu" the train, or chukuchuku  =D

Schranz0r

Quote from: mentalthink on 2012-Mar-21
@Schranz0r, in Spain make "chuuuuuuuuuuu chuuuuuuuuuu" the train, or chukuchuku  =D

:good:
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard