Spots V3 Preview

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

New title screen :

[attachment deleted by admin]

MrTAToad

Just before I release the new beta, I've got a short video of the game running :

Ian Price

Nice to see this coming along so well.  :)

Was that vid recorded with FRAPS? How on earth did you get such a good framerate WITH sound? I get really crappy FPS and stuttering with sound. Without sound it's merely OK. My memory, CPU and GFX processor aren't that bad either. Any tips.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

Yes, its with Fraps.  The video capture for movies is at 30 fps, with stereo sound.  I do have a dual-core 3.06Ghz machine with a WEI (Windows 7 rating) of 5.5

The only thing I would recommend is make sure that the movie files aren't on the system hard drive - mine are, and it can make a difference.

Ian Price

I think I was probably pushing the machine too far trying to use 60FPS! D'oh! LOL. That may have been the problem! It's much better at 30FPS but oviously not full speed, but I do get good sound now.

My WEI for everything exact graphics was between 5.1 and 5.5. GFX was 3.9 due to using a laptop, although it is a  dedicated gfx card and not integrated.

Cheers :)
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

30 is a good compromise - it doesn't affect graphically intense programs too much, which is good.

Kitty Hello

That looks really professional nonw. You should take some aid for the title screen image, or redesign it. It doesn't fit the professional look of the rest.

Awesome work!

MrTAToad

Thanks for that!

I might re-design the title image later on, once everything else is sorted.

Now got a dedicated site for the latest testing files and pictures : www.spots.un-map.com

MrTAToad

Another quick video :

And V3.0.0.1 is now available at www.spots.un-map.com

Kitty Hello

This is looking very good!

When the computer makes a choice, the flickering of the valid places to move is a bit annoying IMO. I would remove it for the computer player. For the humans, a quick fade might be cool. Or an decreasing rectangle that zooms in from the corners.

MrTAToad

The flickering effect has now been removed for AI players.

Ian Price

That CPU player is way too good :P

Nice one :)
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

Yes, Hard AI is designed to beat everone :)

I suspect the orginal version used a medium setting for the arcade mode, and thats what I've set mine to now...

MrTAToad

The latest version (3.0.0.3) is available at http://www.spots.un-map.com - give it a go!

MrTAToad

Now on V3.0.0.5 - Hopefully I've fixed the foreign font problem (by saving my text files as ANSI and not UTF-8) :)

Here is the same screen in English, Welsh and Italian - I'll leave you to decide which is which :)

[attachment deleted by admin]