GLBasic V11

Previous topic - Next topic

aroldo

Gernot,

What is the status on V11? I remember reading on previous posts that it was scheduled to Summer 2012.
Are you planing to demo V11 on a video?
Is it possible to get a beta of V11? I am interested to see how the screen layout with buttons, text boxes and etc will work and the new IDE.

[a http://apd-games.com/][img http://apd-games.com/images/APDGames135.png][/a]
MacBook Pro OS X El Capitan
XCode Version 7
iPhone 6 running  iOS 9
iPad Mini running  iOS 7.1
Galaxy S5
Dell Latitude Windows 8 Enterprise
Palm Pre, Palm Pre2

Minion

Jsut to let you (and everyone else) know, Gernots in a spot of bother so will not be making many (if any) public appearances here for a while. This doesnt mean he isnt working on V11, just that he has to keep a low profile from now on. Im sure if you have any really urgent questions or queiries I can relay them to him (in a fasion) but I cant guarentee a (quick) response.

spacefractal

The v11 with the IDE can wait and been released when done (or if he want to sell the IDE commands as a own package). Nothing problem.

But there have beena no bug fix release in a very long time (its was very regular until v10)? I thinking those people still wait for the iOS iCade and the Android surface fix (and refixed after the hd crash), but those is still holdt back and I think they are important fixes for some people. If possible just release the eventuelly eventuel external files and install on top as a hotfix?

PS. I still not have problem to pay something as I have wrote back when I reported the surface issue.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Hemlos

GLBasic is Gernots second life.
He has a busy life.
He does reply to messages/bugs in a priority fashion.
He gets ALOT of messages all across this forum, he simply doesnt have time to respond to all of them.
Furthermore, the ones bearing the most internal significance, get fixed in V11.
If you have already logged a bug, its either 1. noticed, and fixed in v11, or 2. he will get to it, assuming it is really a bug.

If everyone pushes him to rush the next version; i can only assume things will be forgetten, incomplete, or worse more bugs prevail.
So i encourage you to be patient, as there no need to send him messages on behalf of anyone else.
We are all in the same boat, waiting(patiently) for V11.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

erico

Quote from: Minion on 2012-Jul-13
... Gernots in a spot of bother...

I just wish it is nothing serious and everything is fine. :good:

bigsofty

Yes, I hope everything is OK at Gernots end, what is the problem, is there anything I(we) can do to help?  :(
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Qube

Gernots in a spot of bother so will not be making many (if any) public appearances here for a while
Eek, hope Gernots OK.

It's a little worrying when you say "spot of bother". It's like he's on the run from the law or something.

I'm not one to overreact but.. Everyone!, jump ship!, GLB is soon to be no more, the death knell has been called   >:D :'(  :nana:

spacefractal

Course, All possible is just a new beta version. A beta is allways incomplete and new features unfinished. Just like all earlier betas (v8 v9 etc). Howover they might could fixed some ealier bug.

There is allready early v11 beta release :-)... Just like update a bit often, eventuelly silent :-)

I would also help with Java part for android. I did changed a bit how assets files copied to sd, so you could show something, so it don't look a crash.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Zapp

I never saw any confirmation that after losing his HDD and backups for the recent months, that Gernot had managed to rewrite all the code he lost, if he hasn't completed that, chances of a new build of the current IDE aren't going to happen anytime soon.

MrTAToad

He did say that a majority of it was recovered, but more and to be (re)done - GLBasic is working on the Pi, so I suspect he's coming along well with it (considering an estimated 3 month re-write time frame).

Kitty Hello

Howdy. I'm fine. Things are busy on my side as for V11 I have some big issues I want to include that sort of don't work right so far. Also, I won't be able to show up daily here.
I know there was no update for quite some time. Sorry. But making a V10 update woul be a lot of work because of current V11 work on the engine.

Life is getting a little more relaxed now, I thonk I have more weekends off from now on. Last 3 months were terribly full.

bigsofty

Well it's good to know that your fine Gernot!  :booze:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

trucidare

Current builds of glbasic games  runs fine on Mountain Lion - ready for V11.
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

Hatonastick

Got to love the GLB community.  No, seriously.  Compared to some of the other forums I'm on (want to see some of the worst an online forum can offer, join an MMO community) this is a haven for (Mostly) Nice People (TM).  =D
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

matchy

I want to take the opportunity to say that I love you all because I am throwing money at screen and nothing is happening.
<3 <3 <3