Problem Screen Landscape - IOS

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

The issue have been in years. If it's a retro style game, I'm do perfer blocky graphics.

You could try to use 2x graphics, because downscaling look more clean than upscaling which smoothing is turned off. Alternative you can add noise filter, scanline etc on the too. Just don't use smoothing on tiles.

My games have both normal and retina version of same graphics to avoid upscaling as much as possible.

I'm thinks I'm reported when im created greedy mouse. I'm thinks that could been why I'm not using virtual screen.

I'm do hope this landscape issue got fixed soon.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Kyo

For use 2x GFX I have to change all my code based on Z-Project Resize System and it's impossible fo now.

spacefractal

Z-Project cant do anything. Upscaling will allways been somewhere blocky. Howover im do love blocky graphics if done nice. So if you do a example 320x240 game, leave them blocky when upscaled and eventuelly perform scanline (if user want it). Its have its own shame of it. Erico is also doing somewhere similar with his game. Here he does uses 428x240, which seen got upscaled better for his retro inspirated arcade game (its a great one).

My newest game, Spot Race will also suffer for the same issue, but nothing im wont do anything, because its look like its a part of the game.

Sorry we takled in this thread, but im did just reply here, even its would make more seacne countinue in the other thread you created.

Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Kyo

But my game work perfectly, in win and android, and system resize work fine in all screen resolution!
I have to change the gfx and removing Z-Project only for a black line?
I have to make a big work for a native problem of GL-B?
I can not do it now, it's too much work!

If Gernot fix my problem, well ... otherwise I will find a solution ....  :puke:

spacefractal

im thinks we misunderstanding....

if its this issue:
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=9971.0 (that is corresponds to this thread).

That black line issue would been fixed and is currectly broken now (correntsponds to this confirmed issue). Im have giving the code so its should been a easy fix to that one. That just got broken due triying fix a iOS8 issue (even its was NOT a top priotity).

if its a black outline issue due SMOOTHSHADING. That property wont been fixed. Its a limit on that command. Its property due a improperty uses of CLEARSCREEN with wrong clearance of alpha bytes.

if its a other issue, post a screenshot (eventuelly in the correct thread).

But with other hand. dont pm for help. Gernot is busy allready, so better get help here, eventuelly with confirmed bugs and list them.

kanonet

Yes writing personal messages to gernot about your personal problems is a very bad idea and also very egocentric. Just think about how much time he will need to answer all pms, if everyone does this. Post your problems in threads, like everyone else does. So we avoid the problem, that 10x persons sends pms about same problems and maybe you even get an solution/hint from other forum members. So plz dont send pm, if it can be avoided.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

spacefractal

im end here, but im will post it in the right thread to avoid talking about the borderline issue, which is not in this thread. That is actuelly offtypic, so im will not write about that issue anymore.

But please dont pm with personal issues. Im also only pm Gernot few times, but none was about issues, and is long time ago.

Kyo

If the Forum can not help me because the problem is in the core engine, and the only one who can help me is Gernot, I would be egocentric?
Then tell me who I should ask for help!
I have to release my game, which, unfortunately, is based on that system Background!
Now, or I'm going to change the whole system of tiling of the BG or solve the problem with the help of Gernot!
If he tells me that it's impossible to fix on the Mac, then take the long way and i change system BG!

I don't see all of these requests for help that clog the Forum!

spacefractal

im also cant help anyone in pms too, because most of them is typical issues im wont answear again and again. Im also perfer for support Android Extras by the forum too and not pms, due most is the same im got asked for. You should sometimes give people a change to look on the code or such.

But anyway im have confirmed both bugs and have listed them in the bug section. So hopefully they got fixed in a recent update! Im do cant help any future yet in this issue.

Kyo

Quote from: spacefractal on 2014-Sep-02
im also cant help anyone in pms too, because most of them is typical issues im wont answear again and again. Im also perfer for support Android Extras by the forum too and not pms, due most is the same im got asked for. You should sometimes give people a change to look on the code or such.

But anyway im have confirmed both bugs and have listed them in the bug section. So hopefully they got fixed in a recent update! Im do cant help any future yet in this issue.

Thanks for help ;)

kanonet

Quote from: Kyo on 2014-Sep-02If the Forum can not help me because the problem is in the core engine, and the only one who can help me is Gernot, I would be egocentric?
Yes you would be.
1) Most problems from many users, that I did read in the past, where user related, not bugs! If you pm Gernot about a 'problem' that is just your own fault, you waste his time. Post it in the forum, so we can find out together what is the real problem.
2) Even if its a bug, others may hit the same problem. So if everyone just pms Gernot instead of using the forum, he gets 10x reports about same problem... that just wastes his time.
Quote from: Kyo on 2014-Sep-02Then tell me who I should ask for help!
Easy to answer this: post in the forum! Gernot does read it. You may get help from other users and you also help otehr users, that may have the same problem. And you save Gernots time. Its a win-win situation!
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Kyo

This is just your thinking:
I wrote the problem on the Forum to see if someone could help me.
When I realized it was a problem of core engine, I asked help to Gernot in pm.
I've never written for other problems in pm to Gernot, I written only in Forum!

Why I wrote in pm now?
1) I have the game almost ready, and if I don't fix the problem I can not release for Mac (and maybe for iOS ?!?) for you not is important, but for me it's very important!
2) I buy GL_B and for me it's normal to ask help from those who've paid (if you look other engine or middlewere, all have a contact for issues related to their Engine)

I do not have to ask permission to write to Gernot, I am an educated person and if he is busy, can not even to reply me.
Obviously if Gernot solve my problem, I written on the Forum how he solved my problem!

I'm sorry that he works alone in GL_B, maybe he should find someone who can help with work!

spacefractal

Im thinks we should not go future with the offtypic PM debate. Im want to see that all got removed, which is include mine.

In the end the borderline issue can been easy to been fixed in the end.

fuzzy70

Quote from: spacefractal on 2014-Sep-03
Im thinks we should not go future with the offtypic PM debate. Im want to see that all got removed, which is include mine.
To me valid arguments & points where raised with regards to the PM issue or are we going to sweep it under the carpet like the "GLB Future" issue. If you are unhappy with your comments then please edit/delete them if you so wish as they are your posts & you have control over it, if you do not like other peoples comments then that's your choice unless it's a personal attack on yourself then that's different.

Technically the PM issue was not offtopic as it was the original author who brought up the PM subject in the first place & others put their views on that subject.

Probably I will find this post deleted because of my views.

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)