Some feedback

Previous topic - Next topic

Moru

First I want to say: I loved this when it was out originally and this looks like a very nice remake of it!

Realy like the ability to save to stand-alone file, impressive :-)

Some small things:
Player animation in 8-way mode when not steering any direction is locked to show left animation. (I don't have a joystick connected)
Why not exit testmode with escape and prevent exiting the program from the escape key, ask the user instead if he/she wants to exit.

bigsofty

I agree, still a fun program and a very educational way for explaining the various steps that you need to do to make a Shmup, even today.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

OK, fixed this and a few quirks.

FutureCow

Sorry it didn't fare better in the compo Gernot. I think it's ace!  :good:

Kitty Hello

Oh, I'm very happy with the ratings. I expected far worse.
Anyway, it was really fun to write.

Hatonastick

Me too! (agreeing with FutureCow)  Really brings back good memories.  :good:

Ian Price

Little late to the party, but...

Well, as the only reviewer to give it a (fairly) high mark, I have to say that I'm actually disappointed that the other judge's didn't see how good it is. :(

Sure improvements could be made, but what's there reminded me of the goode olde days of yore that I spent hours round my mate's house, designing the "Bestest Shooter Evah"

I think it's ace.
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Aw, that's soothing. Thanks a lot. I sort of liked making it and I think the average artist can make a not totally bad game with it.