Unusual Adventure - Full Source!

Previous topic - Next topic

Darmakwolf

I need to take a bit of a break, I worked a lot on this one. Attached is the full source code and media files required to make the thing run (Along with an executable if you don't wish to compile.) Included are two useless levels for editing or deleting. A good selection of SID tunes with proper composer credits are included. 90% of the SID tunes in the HVSC will work with the SID player my game uses. Feel free to mess with the code if you want - it needs some optimization.

Remember, here's how to use the editor:

* Left click to place a tile
* Right click to copy a tile
* Middle mouse to scroll through tiles
* Arrow keys to float Blobo around the level (Holding C speeds things up and makes him go through walls)
* X allows you to jump like you would when actually playing the level, making jump testing easy!
* Press Control (left control on the keyboard) to open the type chooser. Blocks can be solid or air. The third option is unimplemented.
* Press O or click the middle mouse button in to open the object chooser.
* K key holds blobo onto the nearest 32x32 tile
* S key sets the level's starting position. Put this up a ways so the view isn't below the bottom of the level!
* SPACE key saves the level.
* ESCAPE key goes back to the main menu, and saves first.
* M key opens a file dialog to select a tune for the level. It plays automatically.
* T key opens a file dialog to select a level the tile you're mousing over will teleport Blobo to. Use this as the end-of-level tile to take you to the next level.
* Press TAB to switch between object-editing and monster-editing.

Monster editing mode:
* Left click to place a monster
* Right click and drag to move a monster that has been placed
* Use the scroll wheel to select the next monster to place

In game: just use the arrow keys and X to jump. Simple as that!
Oh and hold F1 for an FPS display - gotta be sure you're getting that solid 60!

fuzzy70

Thanks for sharing that Darmakwolf  :booze:

Another thing to play around with later  :D

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Darmakwolf

Go ahead and say it... it looks like a 3 year old found a keyboard, doesn't it? ):

fuzzy70

Not had a chance to look at it yet, am doing battle with polyvectors at the moment. Besides it can't be as bad as my code lol

Lee

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

EDIT:

Took a break for my polyvector battles to have a look at the code & all I can say is   :help:

A bit of indenting & some minor housework & the code will be good to go  =D
(I will have a bash at it later once my own war is sorted)
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

bigsofty

Many thanks Darmakwolf, I enjoyed looking through your code!  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Darmakwolf

Quote from: fuzzy70 on 2013-Apr-28
Not had a chance to look at it yet, am doing battle with polyvectors at the moment. Besides it can't be as bad as my code lol

Lee

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

EDIT:

Took a break for my polyvector battles to have a look at the code & all I can say is   :help:

A bit of indenting & some minor housework & the code will be good to go  =D
(I will have a bash at it later once my own war is sorted)

bahahaha. well, I never indent in GLBasic. I do in any other language. For some reason GLB code just comes to me easier in... scary confusing block form :)

mentalthink

Darmakwolf whats happends?¿, this game comes very nice... I suppose the same , the time.
Thanks, for sharing the code, I take a look and it's very different to my mode of program but sure I can lear a lot looking it.

Thanks and I hope the next game can be finished, it's really hard, but it's take it with filosofy, and thans I look you use my "monsters"  :good: