Low Res Game Jam

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Guys

Some of you might be interested in this ...

https://itch.io/jam/lowrezjam2016

I know I am :)
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

erico

Hmmm, I have plenty of mockups in 84x48 3 colors and others at 64x32. I also have their designs too.
Mostly classic games or some not as classics.

Deadline on april 17th, so about 14 days from now.

It would not be too hard for me to work the gfx, sound and possibly music I guess. Maybe even the code.
Biggest problem is that life in Brazil is a heck these days and I can´t be sure of about anything schedule wise.
I have stuff to do during these 2 weeks but I´m hard thinking here if I can spare the time and spend a few days without sleeping :p

Maybe it could work out?
Hey Ian, are up to team along just in case it is possible to figure time to do so?

Ian Price

If you've got an idea and the graphics, then why not :)

It'll be good to get back into code again.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrPlow

Good stuff lads!!

I have 3 ideas I am playing with ... hoping to release the end submission on mobile too. :)
Comp:

MrPlow

My initial work in progress...

Comp:

Ian Price

Looking "Fairy" very nice  =D
I came. I saw. I played.

MrPlow

Thanks Ian!

Hope to make something half-playable from it :)
Comp:

erico

Uau , looking jousty!

Ian, I will shoot a new thread later today with some of the mocks, maybe from there we can pick one that we think would be nice to work on.

spacefractal

Flappy Birds controls, but shooting thing Down instead of pipes as well.... Could been fun with two Button Control. One to flap, one to gun.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Ian Price

QuoteIan, I will shoot a new thread later today with some of the mocks, maybe from there we can pick one that we think would be nice to work on.

OK :)
I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

If im should try do something Music for a retro game, its will been in c64 or Amiga style (not spectrum).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

Yep, you could do music SpaceFractal, now that is a team! :good:
Will do the post quite soon but I´m not sure some of them are feasible, at least I think the moon patrol styled game could work great, and hey, doesn´t that have awesome music to boot?  ;)

erico

Well, you you think about it, Moonpatrol is kind of a angry bird that shoots in its essence. :booze:

nabz32

Thx for the info Mr plow  i think i will Work a Bit on
My 2d light engine and See if i can get some more speed into it. Dont know if i can come up  with a good idea for it, but i think this will be a good start for something low res.
I keep you guys informed about this.
Thx again Mr plow