Sprite Speed Tester II

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

I've updated my Sprite Speed Tester program to show how various graphical commands affect the display - for example how the alpha level affects anti-aliasing.

http://www.glbasic.com/showroom.php?site=games&game=spritespeedtesterii&lang=en

On my PC, 1000 sprites anti-aliased averages to around 50FPS with no real effect between SMOOTHSHADING TRUE/FALSE

Kitty Hello

I get 5e5 fps. That's 50000 - am I doing anything wrong?

MrTAToad

Yes, thats the initial value - I've actually updated it to use FORMAT$, which I have yet to update the showroom version with.

MrTAToad

The updated program is here (Android version will be updated soon!)

[attachment deleted by admin]

bigsofty

When I click on attachment I get a download of "index.php"?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Ian Price

Quote from: bigsofty on 2011-Dec-01
When I click on attachment I get a download of "index.php"?

I've reported this issue - it's apparently a FireFox 8 problem. If you aren't using FireFox 8, then it's whatever browser you are using!

Just rename the file-format to .rar and you can unzip it.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

The Showcase also has the correct version now, if that helps...

Marmor

Fishy please upload  nor .rar or .zip .
unpacked app can load and install directly.
thx

Ruidesco

With 1000 sprites I can't get it over ~43FPS.
I guess it's due to my fairly outdated graphics card (Radeon Mobile 4650, a laptop one) because changing the power plan from economy (931Mhz) to Performance (~2600Mhz) has no impact on the frame rate.

MrTAToad

Its not bad for a Mobile graphics processor!

kanonet

My Laptop has two Graphiccards, i can select which one i want to use:
Intel HD integrated in Intel i5 M540: 10FPS @1000 sprites
NVidia NVS 3100M: 15FPS @1000 sprites

Looks like my laptop is getting old...
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

fuzzy70

Any chance of a version compiled for linux?. Would be interesting for me just to compare the results to the windows version seeing as it is the same machine, hence same hardware etc.

Cheers

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

MrTAToad

Yes, I'll get the Linux version done soon (and see if I can package it up too).

MrTAToad

Here is the Linux version (with Virtual Box, I get an FPS 0.1 with 500 sprites :) )

I tried to package it, but I get so many weird errors that I didn't bother with it.

[attachment deleted by admin]