IDE feature request

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Simply get the IDE to ignore anything that is not a GBAS file in the project file.

So, for example, if I added a text file to the project. I could use it to store project notes.

Since its not a GBAS file, it should not be added to the list of files to be compiled at compile time, simply ignored.

This would allow the project to...

Edit all the stuff that currently has to be edited outside a GLB project.

Documentation
Readme's
GLSL files
C Headers / Includes
etc...

All could be edited in the GLbasic IDE, SaveAll would be work as normal and everything would be centralised.

This would be a time saver for me and keep most of my stuff in under the wing of one project file.

Cheers,

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

bigsofty

Thanks Gernot!  :booze:

Cheers,

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

that was quite some work, because the error handing is based on the file index. So, I have to sort the source files be first, and the othe files later. Will be in the next update some time.

bigsofty

Oops, seemed like a simple request! I think it will be worth the effort though Gernot.

Cheers,

Ian
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)