The Grid

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Finally getting around to finishing this game  :good:

The object is to remove your opponents shapes by either placing shapes of your colour in a vacant space or by expanding one of your own shapes.  Each square on the grid only take a certain number of shapes, and when this amount is exceeded, an explosion occurs affecting surrounding shapes.  If you can make your opponents shape explode, you take control of the square.

The corners, sides (top, bottom, left and right) and the squares inside all have a different tolerance.

If you activate the special weaponary, you have three extra things to choose from :

Dis-integrator - Destroys all shapes around a chosen square
Exploder - Forces all shapes around a chosen square to explode
Protector - Protects all shapes around a chosen square from being destroyed (or selected!)

Let me know if there are any problems.

Things to add include music and sound effects and possibly later an AI mode.  To exit the Sandbox mode, you need to click on your status area (to access the in-game menu) and select Abandon Game.

[attachment deleted by admin]

MrTAToad

Updated screenie

com_1

No music. (problems ?)

// screen
GETSCREENSIZE scrx, scry;

// dir$
dir$ = GETCURRENTDIR$(); dir$ = dir$ + "media/";

// shoebox
SETSHOEBOX dir$ + "shoebox.sbx" , "shoebox.sbx";

// font
LOADFONT dir$ + "Lucida Console 112x88.png", 1; GETFONTSIZE fx1, fy1;

MrTAToad

No, no music at the moment - nor any sound effects.  Haven't had chance to choose things yet...

com_1

MrTAToad

Will have to look at that :)

MrTAToad

This should be the last beta.

I've had to change all text display routines as Moru's proportional font system doesn't work on an iPhone in Landscape mode...

Ian Price

I've tried to download the last .RAR attachment three times (despite what it states - maybe only counts as one IP address) and I'm getting a bad .RAR (reads as 0Kb above) . Can you check and fix please.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

It hasn't uploaded yet :)

I had hoped to get it in the message, but unfortunately it was too bit, so I'm having to update my website.  I'll let you know when its ready :good:

MrTAToad

Its available now - and downloads fine :)