Gods remake

Previous topic - Next topic

erico

By Crom...this is unbelievable... :puke:
It gets really hard to make any constructive criticism.

http://www.indieretronews.com/2017/04/gods-remastered-bitmap-brothers-classic.html#more

mentalthink

Buff, the only good thing is more faster than Amiga... really Bitmap Brothers did awesome gràphics but the games were a bit slow...

erico

I guess you are right Mental, if the ´legacy´ version included is faster, that would be a good point.

mentalthink

Yes but I see the Graphics, and really are bad(because is 3d, no is a bad quality 3d) ... Do render 3d and put like 2d (without PixelArt)... I don't like... Perhaps remind the original game have a lot of influece , because I had the same feeling with another games... In example with Shadow of The Beast, really is a nice game in 3d... but remind the Amiga version, and something happens you like more the old version. Nostalgia?¿ not sure  :)

spacefractal

Amiga version was one of t he many direct port from Atari ST. Amiga version could do much more with hardware scrolling and more (they did not do that). Personally im did newer liked the game that much, but im do really like that titel tune.

Yes, the 3D sprites could do more work its seens, but the trailer is not that good which show quite very less, even its from the mobile version.

A nice feature is, its seen they also keep the original graphics as a ingame direct switch.

Im remember im did that with my little H.E.R.O. remake. Not all liked the new dos like graphics (256 colors), so im choiced to include the Atari 2600 graphics as well with a switch......
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

bigsofty

Great game but emulation is sooo good now for Amiga/ST that it's probably one I would not bother with unless they add a tonne of new levels/features(don't like the new GFX tho).
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

spacefractal

The original game ran quite slow and newer ran as 60fps. 60fps can been the main reason for get this game.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

I think the same Bigsofty. I also greatly dislike 3d render->sprite, even though I´m using the technique myself but putting a lot of work over the results and mostly for very specific things.

This Gods remake has taken the crown for the ugliest remake game I have ever seen.
Also, I don´t think it is nostalgia Mental, I think it is straight cheap quality.
The original Gods game is excellently done visually and it stands the prof of time, just show a screen shot to any kid nowadays and ask their opinion.

spacefractal

Karma Miwa was also used 3D -> 2D sprites. Also Jungool did the same using 3d sprites on 2d planes and worked quite very well. Its depend on style art used.

Howover im do happy they also use the original graphics mode. As im wrote 60fps can been a another reason, since the original game was quite slow.

Im do thinks most people would use retro graphics in this case.

erico

For sure, but for me speed alone would not warrant a purchase.

Ian Price

I'm with SF on this one - I never liked the original game. And the remake looks awful.
I came. I saw. I played.

bigsofty

I liked the game on the whole. The only problem was the main characters movement, he seem to be power walking everywhere. Nothing worse that walking away from a baddie when you really needed to sprint.  :S Also his jump animation was a bit short and slow too. Really liked the simple puzzles and the atmosphere tho.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)