Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
GLBasic - en / Re: Older version download
« Last post by bigsofty on Today at 03:39 pm »
Hi Darmakwolf, good to see you!   ;)

Can't help you with that link though.  :(
GLBasic - en / Older version download
« Last post by Darmakwolf on Today at 02:57 pm »
Hey guys! (I'm still alive!) I have a request. I tried downloading GLBasic Version 9 to try compiling a game for my PowerPC Mac (G5, OSX Leopard 10.5.8) and found:

http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=9667.msg83913#msg83913

Which appears to link to V9 that was the last to have PPC Mac compiler working. Can anyone link me to that SDK please? I'd really appreciate it.
GLBasic - en / Re: Proguard
« Last post by dreamerman on Yesterday at 06:54 pm »
Isn't that particular obfuscator only for Java apps? GLB produces native code and Java part is only used as the basis for app and for wrapping native system functions from what I understand. So code protection is such an issue? Or you intended to use it for minimazing code size.
GLBasic - en / Re: GLBasic News?
« Last post by Slydog on Yesterday at 04:41 pm »
Ya, I pretty much learned the UI over the years.  I still use it to handle audio and graphics (images, shaders, materials, etc).  I gave up on using it for the game GUI, as I kept making changes that I'd have to change in every menu.  So I designed a Style (skinning) library, and UI library, so one line of code can place a stylized button on the screen, and handle the different resolutions and aspect ratios.  It all depends on the game type, mine is fully dynamic, so mostly through code makes sense.  But there's still no option to whip you to keep you motivated!   :whip:
GLBasic - en / Proguard
« Last post by MrPlow on Yesterday at 01:26 pm »
Is anyone successfully using proguard or something similar for android?
GLBasic - en / Re: Android 6
« Last post by MrPlow on Yesterday at 12:36 pm »
My issue looks to be simular to msx's issues in this post...was this issue resolved?

http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=10771.15

Also my SDLActivity.java file is using a lot of log commands - should these be commented out for the production release?

One error points to line 238 or my SDLactivity file which shown in bold below.

// Load the .so
    static {
        System.loadLibrary("SDL2");
        // System.loadLibrary("SDL2_image");
        System.loadLibrary("mikmod");
        System.loadLibrary("SDL2_mixer");
        // System.loadLibrary("SDL2_ttf");
        System.loadLibrary("main");
GLBasic - en / Android 6 Crashing
« Last post by MrPlow on Yesterday at 12:21 pm »
recently a lot of my apps have had increases in crashes...Not sure if this a Google update issue for certain models or devices or its down it my version v12 no longer compatible for certain phones??!

On ione app had suddendly 77 issues of this error...previously it occurred 1 time every few days.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
  at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:996)
  at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1530)
  at org.libsdl.app.SDLActivity.<clinit>(SDLActivity.java:235)
  at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Native Method:0)
  at android.app.Instrumentation.newActivity(Instrumentation.java:1067)
  at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2297)
  at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2456)
  at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap11(ActivityThread.java:0)
  at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1324)
  at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
  at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148)
  at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5485)
  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method:0)
  at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:828)
  at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:718)

Another common error is

backtrace:
  native: pc 000000000033464c  /system/lib/libart.so (_ZN3art22CountStackDepthVisitor10VisitFrameEv+15)
  native: pc 000000000032bddd  /system/lib/libart.so (_ZN3art12StackVisitor9WalkStackEb+204)
  native: pc 000000000033ce69  /system/lib/libart.so (_ZNK3art6Thread24CreateInternalStackTraceILb0EEEP8_jobjectRKNS_33ScopedObjectAccessAlreadyRunnableE+48)
  native: pc 00000000002cba97  /system/lib/libart.so (_ZN3artL32Throwable_nativeFillInStackTraceEP7_JNIEnvP7_jclass+18)
  native: pc 0000000002f7bc0d  /system/framework/arm/boot.oat

Anyone having similar issues?

« Last post by Schranz0r on Yesterday at 08:46 am »
The UI-Way ist more efficient, if you managed to deal with it!
« Last post by Slydog on 2017-Jun-22 »
That was my biggest complaint about Unity - too much UI interaction, just let me code, damn it!
The learning curve is huge!  Took me years to get comfortable, and I'm still learning.
So over that time I've managed to create my own library of classes to allow me to code my games without interacting in the UI much.  My scenes are fairly empty, and I dynamically create my gameobjects at runtime, and add the desired behaviours. Ahh, that feels much better.   8)
Off Topic / Re: Steam Summer Sale
« Last post by dreamerman on 2017-Jun-22 »
To see best prices you can also look at Salenauts, site that aggregate bargains and promotions for all digital games on all platforms (Steam / Origin / Uplay / GOG), digital shops (GreenManGaming, GamersGate ...), keyshops (G2A, Kinguin), also contains info about most bundles (Humble, IndieGala, BundleStars)... It's probably most meaningful site of this kind for global / worldwide users. Sound's like advertisement, but just check it ;-)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10