Live wallpaper

Previous topic - Next topic

kserg100

What should be changed in the project to APK set as live wallpaper? Please reply somebody (very necessary).

sorry for google translation.

kserg100

Gernot Frisch answer me by mail: " I have no idea. I don't htink so. You may ask on the forums. There's a lot of Android experts."
I laugh almost fell off the chair. Support is awesome, probably will do a refund.

fuzzy70

To be fair that is pretty much a specific Android only question of which GLBasic is not a complete Android dev kit & is not advertised as such, it is a multi platform system & says "Basic for Gamers" under it's name.

The main task of GLBasic is to avoid platform specific items natively otherwise it causes issues with the other supported platforms. I could ask for DirectX features but whats the point of that as it would restrict it to Windows only.

Gernot's answer I believe was fair & correct, there may be someone on the forum that can answer your question & say if it is possible or not.

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Ian Price

Android is a fairly new format for GLBasic - expecting it to support every possible feature is unfair. And while the community is active, helpful and passionate, it is also fairly small. The number of regulars that are using GLB specifically for Android apps is seven smaller. There are just a few people with working knowledge and even less with technical knowledge (see FiveSprites and SpaceFractal) and their time is limited.

Requesting a refund for GLBasic because it doesn't/may not do something like Live wallpaper is a bit extreme, as GLB was never cited to offer that ability. Criticism of the support is also unfair - Gernot at least responded to your query (whether you like the answer or not). GLB is doing things now that were never even dreamed of when it was first created. While the feature may not be available now, perhaps it will in the future. Or you could just try a different (and more expensive) product or go for broke and learn JAVA or C++ or some other language to help you achieve your aims.

As far as I am aware none of the other BASIC style languages or Gamemaker type products offer Live wallpaper.

However a bit of GoogleFu found this article which might help you - http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/108390/How-To-Create-Android-Live-Wallpaper

[EDIT]

Another article here - http://mobile.tutsplus.com/tutorials/android/creating-live-wallpapers-on-android/ shows how you can make a few simple changes to an apps' manifest file to allow you to use it as a wallpaper.

I can't say if this will work for a GLB app, as -

a) I don't have an Android device (other than an OUYA)
b) I don't have time to test at the moment
c) I'm not going to do all the research and work. Perhaps you can contribute to the community by letting us know how you get on.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrPlow

It is possible that the small java section of that article ... "DisplayMetrics()" could be a future addition to the AndroidExtras... if SF or 5Spr have the time or inclination...Live Wallpaper is nice to have and not a must in my opinion...but could be a nice add-on for AndroidExtras toolkit...

GLB is a great system .... I love it and its worth every penny... it might not do everything that raw java code would but it does the majority, for me at least.

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

spacefractal

It's require a fair bit of work and not sure it's works with the ndk glbasic uses. I'm have not planning adding the wallpaper service, due glbasic was not designed to do that and property would drain battery too much.

Howover great articles throught.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/