Viking game android

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Hi Guys

Some of you tried my PC version and I wonder what you think of the Android version here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gazzappergames.vikings

I am planning to do an update on it soon...but looking to see if there are any annoying UI issues....

Appreciate if you have the time to install and play a couple of times and give feedback :)

Rgds
Gary
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

dreamerman

Just sent some thoughts on pm. Beside that what that update will contain?
Initially I was thinking that controlling units will be done by taping tile/place when I want to move them, this is more like oldschool approach but for me feels like it's slowing down pace of game, especially with fps some UI problems. Maybe it will feel different where those issues will be fixed.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

UBERmonkeybot

I have had a few plays and have enjoyed it.

I find the cursor to identify the char to control could be clearer on my phone 1920 x 1080 HTC One.
it would be nice to choose the order of characters to command,quite often i want to move troops to the boat but the boat is higher up the list so gets chosen first so i have to skip goes.I don't know if you have done this on purpose or not.

Other than that nice game!

MrPlow

thanks for that!!

I will take that feedback on board...I was trying to stay true to the older version...but maybe I need to make it suit mobiles better...

The speed issue is a recent problem so will fix that soon too. :)

Cheers, Glad u liked it !
Comp:

UBERmonkeybot

Some more thoughts...
A resume game option would be nice as the games are quite long,in fact I haven't finished one yet because my phone ran out of battery.
Also I was playing a game and had a phone call, game quit and I couldn't continue my game.

MrPlow

Good point, I should maintain a save state in the game...

Is the UI faster now (latest version)?
Comp:

UBERmonkeybot

Yes much more responsive.

dreamerman

Some issues still occur, pmed with info... Btw when advert banner is shown? Because I didn't see it, only played briefly for testing those changes.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020