Glbasic on Steam? :-)

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

As im have wrote in a another thread, im have both Genius Greedy Mouse and Karma Miwa greenlighted on steam, and is currectly looking what they require.

There is a lots of setup of assests and unique way to upload builds etc. Im do cant do a step do step how this thing works, due NDA. But thier document is pretty nice and they have a nice list of checklist.

The Steam DRM seens also works fine with a least debug glbasic (but cant think any issue with release version), and seens does not impact perforcement at all, which is pretty awesome, and im got the package working on my dev account with download, install and starting.

Steam Cloud does not require codning, but you can do that, if you want more precision control what to upload. Currectly im have not planning to integrete that, but will use the iCloud style and creating a flat file system (one file per variable). Yes, its might create a lots of files, but its more sercure is something wrong happens etc. Here im will sooner or later expand the iCloud code, so its will been compatible with Steam Cloud. Im will also checking how achievement works, which was with Greedy Mouse, and should reuse those of course. So this is to been checked out.

With the above in mind, Steam can also download common packages like directx etc. Does glbasic require direct9c? or can this to been skipped, which would save 95mb download?

Also Erico, im might ask you to create some Trading cards as well badges for Karma Miwa. Im ask you because im thinks you still have the 3d models of the work. Im thinks we could simply render big versions of them and use them as a trading card item (they require two resolutions, one near square one, and one in fullscreen fullhd resoulution on a pretty simple background (eventuelly reusing the loading screen). Im hope you can help me a bit, but should been easy.

We can also a least doing 3 badges for Karma Miwa: (Terry, Miwa and the Turtle, those friendly animals).

This is for now. Also bear in mind release on Steam is NOT for the new beginner, due its require a lots of step which might take some quite of time.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

Yep, I´m pretty sure steam has some deeper level of integration required. Any advancement on that front is a must since it is a well established market.
It is great to hear on your advancements!

I don´t think direct x is required, GLBasic seems to be based on open gl as I recall, but better check with others.

Yep I have all 3d models and scenes, just remade the system (my OS), so there isn´t much tools installed other than work stuff.
I´m not running drop box yet but you have my email, send me the specs of what you need in terms of images for those cards and badges.
:good:

spacefractal

I'm did misunderstanding the badge. They are grade based (1-5 + super), not great them Random. I'm email you soon.

Currently I'm have focus to get greedy mouse ready first. Some trading cards is finished, they look fun.

And even steam overlay works quite nice.

But I'm do have to say it's not for beginner, but still cool and fun :-).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Youkaisan

Maybe Gernot can follow the mode like Godot Engine, free to play for desktop platforms.

bigsofty

Steam integration is a big step but one that would make everyone's games available to an enormous market, well done SF!  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Hotshot

GLBasic on Steam? I would love to see that as it would make bigger fanbase if goes to Steam :good:

erico

Gotta be quick though. I´ve read reports that steam is opening its gates in a way that good stuff is already swimming on a sea of crappy games.
I still don´t care for curating though, I think a good game will sell by itself and Greedy Mouse is just that good.
It will be interesting to know how it goes. Specially the comments sections.

spacefractal

Trading cards assets is quite many, but is not required. But fun to do those.

Greedy mouse do have release day around 1aug.

Sooner and later I might do some changes to gernot, but a basic game without archivements does not require code.

But the system behind is a lots of nda, so I'm won't can share split etc at all.

erico

Quote from: spacefractal on 2016-Jun-07
Sooner and later I might do some changes to gernot, but a basic game without archivements does not require code.

Great to know! So at least a game can be sold there without going through the hardest code integrations. :good:

spacefractal

But the checkpoint is still quite long and might take some time to read the document.

When trading card for Greedy Mouse is finished, I'm let you know for those to karma miwa.

erico

Ok, will be waiting. :good:

spacefractal

email sendt. Im was a little bit too fast to send the email and forget my name in the bottom. Opps, sorry. Im thinks you got the all now. Have fun. Also let me know, if you want to port your game to iOS/Apple TV.

erico

Yep, got the email all fine, will read it later today.

I´m looking into releasing desktops first, android secondly, and later then, check ios/appletv.
I might try to look into your new control api before the first releases though, I´m not sure yet.
Pandora and Caanoo should be out too with the desktops, but I think I´m going to run into problems with mac osx and linux, I will see.

Ian Price

Let's hope that GLB games on STEAM become the norm and not the exception. :D

Well done SF :)
I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

Mightbeen glbasic could been try to green light on steam as a tool. I'm also seen other languages as well? Then we don't need the license system any more, but using the steam drm on the exe its self.

Could Been nice. I'm got lucky to get a publisher for both games on steam, so they got green lighted quite fast.