Compiler / editor bug

Previous topic - Next topic

Minion

While testing my latest block buster I think I found (created) a bug. The app was running, so I wento to close it. But instead of closing the active window, I closed GLB down. The app continued to run, so I then closed that down. When I reopened GLB and my code again, I clicked on the Compile+Run button, it shows the message "Precompiling" and then nothing. It now refuses to compile ;( Ive tried all the usual suspects, just compiling, hitting the trash can and trying to compile again, rebooting, deleting the exe file previously created and trying to compile again but nothing works. I even tried hitting the "Start copy" button after deleting the exe, but that just throws up the message that the program is still running. I have had this happen in the past but had no idea how I got there, at least I know what I did this time. Any ideas on how to fix this (other than creating a new project and transfering all my source over to said project) ?

Kitty Hello

open the task manager and see if any of the compilers (usually 3-character .exe programs) or the game itself is still running in the background. Kill it then.

gpc.exe
gcc.exe
as.exe
cc.exe
ln.exe

If all fails, reboot.

Minion

I did check all in the task manager, non were running. I also tried rebooting, still nothing ;(

Minion

While I`m reporting this bug, I did find another. Cant seem to fold functions when I have line numbers on. Is this on purpose, or a bug ?

MrTAToad

Yes, I can confirm the code folding thingie :)

Have a look to see if Editor.exe is still running.  When I did it, it was...  Closing that and all was okay.

Delete everything in %TEMP%/glbasic

Kitty Hello

Code folding on functions with line numbers on works for me. No matter if I click on the line numbers or the green frame. (I double clicked left of the FUNCTION foo: line)

AMateus

For me only works if I click in the line numbers.

António

Ruidesco

Same as AMateus, only clicking on the line number of the FUNCTION definition makes it fold.
The same goes for the (+) 'unfolder', clicking in its line number is the only way to unfold the function.

MrTAToad

Ah - I have to click the line number and not the + ...

Minion

Opps...sorry, didnt realise you had to click the numbers ;) I had been clicking all sorts of things, hilighting everything. I even did the unthinkable and read the manual ! But it works now, so I`m happy.

Still no luck with my other problem ;( Cleared as many temp files as i can find. rebooted several times now. Still no luck. Ive had to create a new project and transfer everything over to that so I can continue ;(

Kitty Hello

if you have a copy of the buggered project, you might send me a copy. Maybe I find something interesting.

Minion

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Oct-18
if you have a copy of the buggered project, you might send me a copy. Maybe I find something interesting.

What ? And reveal all my super secret super dooper ground breaking wizzo code routines ? Have you steal them and use them for your own projects and make a million billion gazzzilion pounds (euros, dollars, yen, bananas) before I do ? I think you over estimate your importance around here !!!! ;)

Or ....

OK, chap, illl put the thing in a zip and email it to ya ;)

Minion

Damnit ...it just gone again ;( And this time I didnt do anything ;(

Kitty Hello

it's a bug in code folding. Sometimes folded code won't compile.