Android install issues.

Previous topic - Next topic

ProN3rd

thanks you for all your help, really appreciate this.

I have to do some testings then I will create a new thread about this. I thought the easiest way might be to still calculate everything based on 640x480, but the rendering coordinates will be adjusted based on the devices resolution, either with stretchsprite or with polyvector

MrPlow

Quote from: Marmor on 2015-Feb-09
I dunno if we need support for android version before 4.x .
I have an old 2.3 and it sux.
Go for 4.x and kitkat is the best because backwartscompatibility will make
to much work ,or ?

Just a note that 10% of the android market is still Jelly Bean 2.3 etc - not huge but not small either!
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

spacefractal

its can still been compared for example iOS4.x, which im dosent support either. But im do cant checks on the older devices anymore.

640x480 is a 4:3 resolution. Make sure its can been used very well in 16:9 format, which is more more comon. The most problem on Android is not resolution, but the physical screen size can also differ.

Im did Retina graphics in some of my games, except CatchOut.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

kanonet

Happy now with thread structure, spacefractal?

BTW. i think i may have accidentally deleted one of your posts, which should have stayed, please check it, and sorry if i did. (btw have a look at moderation log)
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

spacefractal

Look Nice. But im was neden to delete two otter post (merged one to th first post). All ok. Thanks.

PS. Not perfectly, but nothing confuction missing post. Hope its all ok Pron3rd. Your issue was different and would better helt here.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/