Debug bug with build 6.184

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyH

My game won't run when in Debug mode since I updated GLB to the build 6.184.  In release mode it works - just not in debug mode.

In Debug mode it will just exit without an error.  I've tracked it down to this line ...

IF SPLITSTR( strLine$, st$[], ",") = 7

which has the following in strLine$:

20,FIRE BUTTON INCREASES SPEED,FEUER-KNOPF BESCHLEUNIGT,APPUYEZ LE BOUTON FEU POUR AUGMENTER LA RAPIDITE,JOYSTICKKNAPPEN ÖKAR HASTIGHETEN,jmnoj` ncm) sbekhwhb`er qjnpnqr|,SKYTE KNAPPEN GJØR DET RASKERE

st$[] contains 7 elements (0 to 6) from the previous loop (this is in a loop that has run so far for 19 iterations each with different data in the strLine$ variable).

It was working in the previous build in Debug and Release mode.

Moru

I did this code to test and it runs in debug mode at least, I get a line with "hej" on the debug area. Could there be a character(0) or a linebreak somewhere in the file you are reading in? Check with a hex-editor in the file to see that there isn't any strange characters and also in the variables on the right side when you debug the code.

Code (glbasic) Select
strLine$ = "20,FIRE BUTTON INCREASES SPEED,FEUER-KNOPF BESCHLEUNIGT,APPUYEZ LE BOUTON FEU POUR AUGMENTER LA RAPIDITE,JOYSTICKKNAPPEN ÖKAR HASTIGHETEN,jmnoj` ncm) sbekhwhb`er qjnpnqr|,SKYTE KNAPPEN GJØR DET RASKERE"
IF SPLITSTR( strLine$, st$[], ",") = 7
DEBUG "hej"
ENDIF

MrTAToad

Now, I dont get the debug statement - which to me means it must be the accented characters causing the problem.

Kitty Hello

Send me the project in an email. I might have to debug it thorroughly. Hopefully I can reproduce it.

AndyH