Audio Pitch?

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayenkai

About 5 or so years ago, (*checks*...2011!) I purchased GLBasic, but then found out it didn't have Audio Pitching.
Since my sounds are fairly repetitive, I find that Audio Pitching is essential.
Bullets going "Peow Peow Peow Peow" over and over, sound much less annoying when there's an ounce of variety in the pitch.

On the day I realised there was a lack of audio pitch, I stopped trying, and moved on to other unnamed language.

Now that other unnamed language is coming to a close, I'm rummaging around to try and decide what language to use next.

It's brought me back here, and I'm wondering..
..  Did this problem (And, to me, this IS a fairly major problem) ever get fixed?!

Can I return to GLBasic, yet, or should I look elsewhere?

other unnamed language 2 is probably the only other choice on the horizon, right now, but it doesn't half end up with big .exes!
5Mb just for hello world!? And a whole bunch of extra .dlls and stuff in the folder, too!?! Yikes!!

MrPlow

Not sure but I think someone else was looking at this too...

But if the pitch is just slight then as a workaround  - create 3 versions of your firing sounds and choose them randomly :)

Then together with the volume control you can have low - med - high versions of each too.

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

erico

Which is pretty much what I do.
If sound pitch control is so important as the OP said it is for him, then one could look into wrapping a different sound engine.

Is there a coding way to convert sound to data? Like an image to an array or spritemem?
If so, then one could build a function with sound pitch control as much as one would create a function that scales images.

Jayenkai

So.. No, then.
OK, thanks, guys.

Schranz0r

You can use SDL to pitch and slow down & speed up...
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard