Build 2.2.1 for App Review

Previous topic - Next topic

fjsantosb

Hi There.

I recently finish my project and i just submit to App Review.
I build using version 2.2.1 (trying to catch all users i can) but and i wonder if there will be any trouble for compiling glbasic using this version.
I tested on iTouch / iPhone 3.1 and all seems to work pretty well.

Anyone has build using this version and submit to app store?

Best Reagrds, fjsantos.

Anyone
Francisco Santos Belmonte founder of Tip Tap Games.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/tiptapgames
Facebook: http://dld.bz/dYVd
iPhone News & Sales: www.gamesappetizer.com

kaotiklabs

Mucha suerte fjsantosb!
Yo estoy también trabajando con un colega en un proyecto para el iphone que esperamos publicar en diciembre.
No hemos tenido problemas compilando en la 2.2.1 pero no hemos publicado todavia nada oficialmente, así que no sabría que decirte.
Si no te importa, te agradeceria que fueses comentando la experiencia de la publicación de tu proyecto y tal para ver a que atenernos. jeje.
P.D: se que eres español porque yo también sigo el foro de gp32spain :P
Un saludo.

English:
Good luck fjsantosb!
I´m also working with a mate on an iphone project that we expect to publish on december.
We haven´t got any problem with 2.2.1 but our app has not been released officially.
Won´t you mind if you could talk about your experience with the app store filter??
Vote Cthulhu! Because the stars are right!!!!
Ia Ia Cthulhu F' tang!

fjsantosb

Hi kaotiklabs.
You are right i am spanish, :D.
There isn't any problem to share my 'apple experience'. I hope don't find any problem to pass App Review, but i know that is, sometimes, a little 'tricky'.
Respect to sales, i know that now isn't too easy like one year ago, cause appstore has been flooded with hundreds of applications and games, so its needs some marketing strategies.
Well anyway, don't hesitate in contact with me if you want to know some specific.
Thanks for your answer and i wish luck to you too!

King regards, fjsantos.

trucidare

To send your app to AppStore the app must be compiled with SDK 3.0 or newer. SDK 2.2.1 is obsolet, apple wont review this apps anymore.

if you have trouble with compiling on 2.2.1 it can be the secret gps commands inside glbasic.
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

fjsantosb

Hi trucidare.
As i know, to send app in appstore, application can be compiled using sdk 2.2.1 but must be OS 3.0 compliant.
I submit my app, and itunes connect checks that app was build using 2.2.1 and its shows a checkbox 'OS 3.0 compliant"
I know that almost all users with iPhone has now os 3.0, but i know that for iPod Touch users, the firmware upgrade cost about 10$.
To reach all users, i decide to build my app using this version 2.2.1.
I read documentation and i didn't find that app must be build using 3.0. I read that if you use App Purchase functions, it requires to be build using 3.0.
Well, i don't really sure of this.
Anyone can confirm?

King Regards, fjsantos.