News:

*NEW* Current Version on STEAM16.793

Webchat:
Visit the chat

AtomZ

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

This is re-write of my game of the same name that I mentioned a few years ago.  Its a 2 - 4 player, turn based strategy game where you can either place new shapes in vacant places or expand a shape you already have.  Expand it beyond the tolerance for the tile and it will explose affecting surround shapes.

The object is to remove all your opponents shapes from the board.

Whilst its working, there are a few things I need to finish :

• Hiscores (and especially online hiscores) aren't working properly
  • In-game instructions to do
  • Might also do a 3D version too
  • Not been *ahem* fully tested yet - I want to get Spots TNG and BallZ updated to use my latest updated setup routine

This should then be ready when GLBasic is updated for the Raspberry Pi  :whistle:

And the customary promotional video :

Note : There is a fairly short pause with a white screen at the start - this is because I had to get rid of my logo's to fit into the 6Mb limit...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Marmor

lol @ musik ,gfx, soundeffects

havent understand the gamplay yet but looks like fun

matchy

The games looks good and I think I used to play something like it on the Amiga!

I like that tune around 1:00 :good: on the video and game play tune but  :puke: the classic music and reading text for the first minute is quite nauseating.

Ruidesco

I listen to some Kevin Macleod there =D but the music is the only thing I understand in the game. :giveup: :D

MrTAToad

Its not that complicated :)

Each player can place their shape on a empty tile or expand the size of a shape that is currently present.  Expand it beyond the limit for the tile and it changes surrounding shapes to your colour and expands it too...  This lets you have nice big chain reactions!

Quotethe classic music and reading text for the first minute is quite nauseatin
Thats what I'm aiming for!

mentalthink

it´s a very corious game... and nice... I never hear about it... but seem very original...

And the game in 3D, the tube whit collisions... has launched yet?¿...

MrTAToad

The tunnel game ?  Cancelled that...

The source code for it should be around here somewhere, I believe.

mentalthink

:'( :'( for what?¿... I think it´s a good game... and very faster can be a good game... excuseme, by the graphics?¿

MrTAToad

Unfortunately, I got bored with the game - the graphics (and what I wanted to do with it) wasn't really possible with AC3D so I decided to leave it.

MrTAToad

Okay... Good news everyone!

I believe AtomZ is now more or less finished - and the unsigned demo version is available for testing from http://www.un-map.com/glbasic-debug-unaligned.apk.  This is an unsigned application, so the appropriate option on your Android device needs to be activated.

A video of it running in the Android virtual machine (with 2.3 - Level 10) is available here :

It does run file with 4.x - Level 15 too...

I need a few things tested to see if what happened in the video happens on a real device, namely :

Hiscore viewport not working (scrolling text over the title and bottom buttons) and more importantly, the podium music isn't being played properly for some reason.

If it happens on a real device, then the tune may need changing for some reason.

I've included a screenshot of the 3D title (that Windows and Linux users would see) - it was removed as it was a bit too slow to make it useable.

The game is very nearly complete - just need to get a new Android device now...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kitty Hello

looks cool.

MrTAToad

Thanks - I got rid of the 3D part and it all runs pretty well.