BASIC

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic / Re: Amiga Fans: Kick Off Revival on Steam (15% off)
« Last post by bigsofty on Today at 03:02 am »
Ooh, this looks good, thanks for the heads up!  =D
there was something bad reviers about this game ealier, but its seen its not a issue anymore at all. Moved to offtypic.
Announcements / Re: Turtle for Android
« Last post by MrPlow on 2017-Sep-15 »
Thanks! - getting a few downloads...maybe it'll get seen more after a week or two.
Very relevant in my opinion. :good:
Sorry it took a while.

Anyways, apart from what you stated, I think a nice dev blog could come handy, maybe on the likes of TIGsource or indieDB.
I don´t get much back from facebook as I use it very weirdly and probably not as zuckenbuguer intends people to, but I´m part of some groups like IGDA (international game development association) and a trs-80/color computer group, they are both fine to show off, specially the later, since all my games had a similar coco II version back in the 80 or was inspired by something related to this computer.

Forums are also a pretty good place to show off, and like groups or anything indie, you should really be a part of the group for anything to matter. If you just pop up randomly somewhere and advertise your game and take off, it is not going to look good.

For example, I try help people on the pandora Forum as best as I can, even though I don´t own the machine. When I released my tank game(for free), a few people there payed for it and did so with quite a large amount compared to what it would cost if it was ever sold. So I guess promoting your stuff on groups where you have a good relationship works nice, and they are more likely to spread the word.

Another outcome of having a devlog, is that you can try to compile it into an article and then publish it on the likes of gamasutra.
I think if it done nicely, it will bring attention to your game.

Overall, I believe you have to work a combination of many things to pull it out.
I doubt paying for adds would result into anything good.

In sum, either your product is good by itself, your relationship with people/internet/groups is good or content your create about the game is good (in case the game is too simple). I don´t see any other way to showcase it.

Does anyone else have some extra ideas?
That sounds like a good idea SF. :)
Not an easy computer to code on, so well done to them. The game looks great!  :good:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10