Which g++ version does GLBasic use for Linux compilation?

Previous topic - Next topic

r0ber7

I've built my own script to compile on Linux. Some time ago I switched from Ubuntu to Sabayon (a Gentoo flavour). When I try to run my compilation script, it throws a bunch of errors relating to g++. After some digging I think it's because the g++ version on my system differs from the one used by GLBasic to compile. So, which version do I need? Knowing this would save me a lot of compilation time.

bigsofty

At command line GCC -v will show  version info IIRC?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

r0ber7

Yes, that would be the one that I've got:

Code (glbasic) Select
gcc version 4.7.3 (Gentoo Hardened 4.7.3 p1.0, pie-0.5.5)

I suspect GLBasic uses a different version, so I was wondering which one?

bigsofty

Locate the glb GCC compiler and feed it that option, sorry I don't have Linux installed, so I may be missing something?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

fuzzy70

Running gcc -v in the Linux/bin dir gives 3.3.3 in both v10 & v11 beta. (3.4.5 for the windows version)

Don't forget the ones shipped with GLB are windows exes that cross compile so will not run in Linux etc

Lee

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

r0ber7

Quote from: bigsofty on 2013-Jun-30
Locate the glb GCC compiler and feed it that option, sorry I don't have Linux installed, so I may be missing something?

It was me who was missing something. I was unaware that you meant gcc -v of the GLBasic gcc.exe, instead gcc -v in a terminal on my box gives the Linux distro's compiler version. So thanks, I'm one step further. :)

fuzzy70

As far as I'm aware only the gpc pre-compiler is available as an executable on Linux/MAC/windows. All the others are windows only, like link, gcc, g++ etc I believe. I maybe wrong in that assumption though lol.

Lee

"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

r0ber7

Quote from: fuzzy70 on 2013-Jul-01
As far as I'm aware only the gpc pre-compiler is available as an executable on Linux/MAC/windows. All the others are windows only, like link, gcc, g++ etc I believe. I maybe wrong in that assumption though lol.

Lee

Your assumption is correct, that is why I needed to know the correct version for my Linux gcc in the first place.