bug: icon.png for Android is missing, cause compiler to fails.

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

Im have removed the typic about glbasic v12.096 and sdk-8 issue, because im found the issue was a quite differernt than im trought. So its was not valied.

This is property the most annoying issue in glbasic in long time, because Android Compiler when fails, does not tell anything about WHY its fails. Its just fails with a xml build 1 error, which is quite so annoying.

After im say the Beginner post, im would looking why stock glbasic wont compile, because im did have extractly same issue. Its seen when im tried to compile a Sample Project, here its did fails for BOTH sdk-8 and AndroidExtras for some odd reason.

But im do saw icon.png was newer added to the main source folder, so no icons was added to the res folders. But for some reason glbasic did not tell about it, nor AndroidExtras did.

Im will fix that issue for Android Extras to the next version, so its tell if icon.png is missing. This is quite very important issue so people not waste time to reinstall jdk etc...
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

but soon you add that icon manually to the source code dir, then its works for both sdk-8 and for AndroidExtras again.

im hope Gernot fix this issue soon as possible to avoid JDK installation confuction when Android Compiler dosent work on a stock glbasic (because compiler newer said what its went wrong), just due missing icon.png in source code directory.

Im was not aware of that either before now, but im have fixed that, and will release that to next version of AE, so AE a least now tell user if icon.png is missing. Im hope Gernot will fix that one too and warn user if the icon is missing. Its a quite simple few line fix.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/