Matchy LWO Blender

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

Guys this thread is special for Matchy, PM don't leave send nothing like images , sorry if disturb.

Hi Matchy, is really easy to import a lwo in blender (I don't test never but I think have to work).

1.Start blender, you will see an image similar to the first I attached, the you have to go to user preferences like you can see in the image.

2.Now you have to find the part of add-ons, and find in export-import the lwo extension... is included in Blender.

3.in the 3rd image you can see the importer to lwo to blender... then you have to do the same but in .3ds or .3dx or obj for GLbasic...

If you see too much complex send me, no problem  :good:

erico

Nice, I have just done that some weeks ago, I could not find the lwo importer on latest blender, you have to activate it.
You may also want to delete that standard cube by selecting it and pressing DEL, a pop up shout pop to confirm.
But I can confirm your method described works all fine.

While Mental is around, let me ask you guys a question, I just got a sata hd from a dead laptop, it is all fine and I added it to my system, a 160gb hd.
Now, what I really love to have, it to install a mac osx and a linux into it so I could test GLB on all desktop platforms.

I once did 3 boots on this laptop (osx,win7,ubuntu), but I really don´t want to have to reboot to test, so I guess a VM with a shared folder would come cool here right?
Does anyone have any experience with such? What would you recommend softwarewise?

Also, what is the most famous linus distro for gamings? Should I use Ubuntu for GLB linux testing?
Thanks for any help on this front. ;)

UBERmonkeybot

Virtual box by oracle. its pretty good and free

mentalthink

Hi Erico, if you want use MacOS X , download a hackintosh called Niresh, I think under Virtual Box runs , or else under Vmware, but I think only works in the Pro version the the free don't acept.

About Linux for games I think the best easy Linux are Ubuntu and Linux Mint (this is robust like a rock), you can install PlayOnlinux, is something similar to Wine but more powerfull and easy, you have tons of games of windows running fine under Linux.

For testing what you do in GLBasic (In wine GLbasic runs in Linux withour problems, "only" you can't compile to any platform except windows), my Codes runs fine under Mint and sure under ubuntu.

About virtual Machines , you have Virtual Box and Vmware, Vmware Player is Free like VBox.

IF you put a couple of virtual machines and you want share files, is easy to do into VBox or Vmware, only share the folder and leave all the time mounted.

erico

Thanks guys, I will be checking them out.

I don´t really want to use those OSes in full, I dev in win 7 and would like to test osx and linux compilation quickly without having to resort to reboot or my friends over hangout.

Mental, I hear a lot of good things about Linux Mint, can you run a GLB game there without problems?
Maybe that would be a nice linux distro to test things out.

Thanks again everyone.

Ian Price

You can get "live" versions of various Linux flavours. Just pop them in and try them without installing anything.
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

You mean by using a pendrive or something to quickly boot into it?
If that is the case, as I have seen some, it won´t suit me as I´d have to reboot, I don´t want to close my win 7 session with all programs going on just for a compiling testing. Should I have another machine than my main one, it would be no problem, but it is not the case.

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

erico

hmm...the colinux seems like what I´d like, but maybe I can install both systems on this one extra drive I got and could vm into it for quick test or fully boot into it should I want a full experience? Heck, I´d have to research a bit, it will be a little while till I get them running. It has been somewhere about 4 years since I made that laptop a hackintosh+win7+ubuntu, hopefully it is easier these days. :good: thanks for the lead!

matchy

thanks mentalthink  ;) and the unregistered version of Lightwave is limited to vertices export, Blender failed at export but AC3D exports to 3ds perfectly so I converted all the car models to ddd.

erico was very kind to supply me with 100+ car models (might as well be Jay Leno's garage collection it seems with a century range) in LWO format.  :good: The colors are flat but when GLB light ignores it and emits it's own shade.

Here is a demo with 5 of the smallest file size car models so it loads quickly and I'm hoping to get a demo with more cars on it as I have tracks and streets.  :P

erico

Super nice! Ambient light and spot light seems to be working as shading on your end, I could not get it running on my side.
But I guess you can see some of the models have double surfaces or overlapping ones.
Very nice! Would Kanonet and Hemlos through a chip into it? ;/

matchy

8)

For now, they could be useful if no lighting is used unless we can solve this. I imagine one way is to convert/bake the current material because I would prefer a sprite to edit bumps and scratches.  ::)
The shading is fine but the spotlight (which is above the car) isn't working. In toon mode (hold key #3), only one side of the car remains fixed lit. Perhaps there's an alpha for the vertices also?  :sick:

erico

Damn...we sure are not talking the same vocabulary when it comes to 3d. :(
I technically understood 0 of what you said, and I had the same problem with Kanonet and Hemlos.

edit: I do get the reason for baking though.

matchy

I'll keep this simple. :glare:

erico

Understood, how the heck did your get the first image going in the first place?
All my 3d attempts get fully lit objects.

The second image is best answered by the chaps I called before. :glare: 

edit: the back of the van should be lit that way as far as I understand cell shading on 3d packages considering the same light source as the image before.