3D Object Speed Tester

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Been wanting to do this for a while :)

This is effectively the 3D version of my Sprite Speed tester.  Originally it was just designed to test how many 3D objects an Android device could handle, but I soon decided to add in all 3D commands (with the exception of shaders).

The program is the result (and thus the reason for the poor layout) :)

There are multiple sections :

FPS

This area shows the frames per second, number of objects being displayed as well as  scroll texture, scale objects, show axis options, in addition to activating/deactivating sphere mapping.  Finally there is also the option to activate or deactivate camera rotation.

Cam

This allows you to activate between 1 and 4 cameras, set whether front and back, front only or back only rendering is used, light normal calculation type and object type to use.

There are around 12 different objects with the object loaded usually using more surfaces that the previous one.  So, the first object uses 100 surfaces, the next 225, the one after that used 400.  The greeble one uses a vast number of surfaces and will really slowdown rendering, especially with a large number of objects...

Dist is the Z far camera value, and FOV is the field of view value.

Z

This activates or deactivates Z buffering

Fog

This activates or deactivates fog.  Fog density is only used with Exponential fog, whilst the Z Near and Z Far values only work with Linear fogging.

I think Exponential fogging doesn't quite correct as the screen is fully fogged with a value of 0.025

Light

This activates or deactivates lighting and allows the changing of the cutoff value for spot lighting.  You can also stop (or start) the rotating light.

LightPos and Camera Pos

This allows the light and camera positions to be moved with a red line showing position of the light and the light's direction

It can be downloaded here : www.un-map.com/Test3DSpeed.rar

[attachment deleted by admin]

erico

I would be interested in testing this out on the caanoo.
Will do as soon as time allows, tanks Mr.T!

MrTAToad

Windows only at the mo - I'll release the code soon though...

erico

ops, maybe I will just test on my pc then hehe :-[

mentalthink

Very Nice and helpfull, I think the camera position don´t works fine... or I do something wrong...

Another point, I think you measure the objects in Screen, I think it´s more usefull measure the number of Polys or triangle at the same time... in EX... if you make diferent objects , one can be very simple and the other more comples... and making an add of polys you can make a ligth idea about the FPS...

Very nice the User interface and intuitive...

MrTAToad

The top 3 sliders are for the starting position and the bottom 3 are for the end position...  Probably could do with being a bit clearer, but it was written quickly :)

Glad you like it!

If anyone wants to compile it for webOS or the WIZ, let me know and I'll post the code...

mentalthink

Yes!!! I supposed Mrtatoad, but I can´t appreciate the movement, I show like the camera it´s basically in the same place... 

MrTAToad

You also need to de-activate the camera rotation first as well, otherwise it wont work...

Wampus

I'll compile for WebOS if you like, though I only have a Pre3 to test on. I'm interested in trying out the Android version too, when its ready.