Silly question regarding how to compile for Mac OS X

Previous topic - Next topic

vcastro99

Ok, I am sure I am missing something silly...

I am able to compile and run programs for windows but when I compile anything for Mac OS X and move it to the Mac to run it, the app does not start at all. Here is what I am doing:

1) I open a sample project, let's say "Hello_World.gbap"
2) I compile it using the Build for Multiplatform selecting "OS-X_x86" (I have an intel Imac)
3) I get the following message:

*** Configuration: OS-X_X86 ***
precompiling:
GPC - GLBasic Precompiler V.10.060 SN:a4f26297 - 3D, NET
Wordcount:3 commands
compile+link:
Can't load image: C:\GLProgramming\GLBasic\Samples\Basics\icon.png
Creating .app for Hello_world
run: "Q:\Tools\Icons.exe" "C:\GLProgramming\GLBasic\Samples\Basics\icon.png" /MACOSX
success
Elapsed: 2.6 sec. Time: 19:59
Build: 1 succeeded.

4) I then copy the "Hello_World.app" folder from the "distribute\MacOSX" folder in windows to the "Applications" folder in the Mac (I am using a Parallels VM)

5) I then try to start the Hello_World app in the mac by clicking on it on the mac and the app seems to start and die immediately (the icon for the app flashes on the Dock bar and then disappears)

I have tried comprising multiple projects the same way and they all behave the same...

Can somebody tell me what am I missing or not doing right?

Thanks!

erico

hmmm...havent used paralels yet.
I had my share of mac osx problems these days, but related to virtual screen as far as it seems.

Try zipping the file app folder on pc, move the zip to mac, unzip on mac and run.
The reason is I had some problems related to flag something on the file when copying it to a pen drive to a mac.
Let us know if it helps.

edit: ...also, welcome aboard!:)

vcastro99

Well, that did it! I zipped the folder and it worked fine! Thank you very much.