Incredibuild skips files when it shouldn't be

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

It appears that Incredibuild seems to skip files that have been (very) recently modified, when it shouldn't be.

It seems to affect all Source files but not the Main Program file.

Kitty Hello

Please provide a way to reproduce it. I can not confirm this.

MrTAToad

What I may have to do is zip up my project for you to muck around with.

MrTAToad

The problem is back :(

It seems to be one file in the 18 source files that causes the problem (its called Game Routine.gbas and is in the middle of the files list).  Even though the file may be modified, Incredibuild still skips it.

Moru

When I create a project with 18 files named 1 - 18 I get this after recompiling twice:

Code (glbasic) Select

Wordcount:4 commands

compiling:
IncrediBuild skips: TestIncredibuild.gbas, 1.gbas, 2.gbas, 3.gbas, 4.gbas, 5.gbas, 6.gbas, 7.gbas, 8.gbas, 9.gbas, 10.gbas, 11.gbas, 12.gbas,

linking:
success

Here I'm missing the files 13-18.gbas. Is this just the output cut down or is it failing something on the 13'th file? They are all empty except for the startingcomments at the moment.

Falstaff

I know this is an old thread, but I seem to be seeing similar issues.. it's giving me headaches when I don't realize that the bugfix I just implemented wasn't actually implemented.. (I keep thinking there's something else I missed or whatever)

I just did some more re-factoring of putting stuff in separate files and notice now that Incredibuild is more than happy to ignore the latest files I've been changing. I haven't noticed it in any specific file, just as I'm working it keeps cropping up and I just keep closing and re-opening the IDE to get it to actually build everything..

MrTAToad

Yes, it has been happening a bit more recently for some reason...

Falstaff

Yeah I've been splitting certain related pieces of code into separate files as it's being finished, actually to try to take advantage of Incredibuild and just to keep things more organized. Now that I'm up to around 20ish source files in my project, it seems to happen like the majority of the time I build.

aonyn

I thought I was losing my mind on this one, glad it is not just me.
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9

Kitty Hello

if you can somehow make me reproduce this, I would really be glad.
So, when it's not working, try undo to to the last position where you compiled. Will it skip again? Send me both versions. It seems like the changed file has 2 different md5 hash codes, which should not be.

I might add a hidden option to output more details on this to track this bug once.

Are you working on a harddrive or a network drive?

Moru

Does it help to toggle the debug button off/on? That usually helps for me but I don't get this problem so often. Mabe because I toggle the debug button very often?

MrTAToad

Toggling the debug button forces a complete compile.  When it next happens, I'll send along my project

Ruidesco

To twist things even more (as if that was needed) here it seems like the output window lists the file I've modified as skipped, but when executed it is clear that the code changes are there. So maybe it's just an output window problem (here at least)?

Kitty Hello

oh, that is a totally new idea to find the bug now.

MrTAToad

Quote from: Ruidesco on 2011-Oct-27
To twist things even more (as if that was needed) here it seems like the output window lists the file I've modified as skipped, but when executed it is clear that the code changes are there. So maybe it's just an output window problem (here at least)?
Did you check the resulting C files in %temp%/glbasic ?