Problem with opening the helpfile

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

After installing it, I just double-click on a CHM file to run it :)

Ian Price

I can run .CHM files normally by themselves from outside of GLB, but when clicking F1 from GLB to read the helpfile I have to double click the actual command I want to read, as it brings up "This program cannot display the webpage" error.

Is this not what others have been talking about?
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

I've included my GLBasic Command List as a PDF file.  For some reason the exporting to PDF stopped at the 436 page, so there is a bit missing...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kitty Hello

I should put a wget job on that downloads the online help to a local form and distribute that. Would save me lots of work.

Cliff3D

Quote from: Ian Price on 2010-Aug-31
I can run .CHM files normally by themselves from outside of GLB, but when clicking F1 from GLB to read the helpfile I have to double click the actual command I want to read, as it brings up "This program cannot display the webpage" error.

Is this not what others have been talking about?

Not in the first post, no, but several of us have reported this issue here.

Ian Price

QuoteNot in the first post, no, but several of us have reported this issue here.
Didn't think I was going mad! :P
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

It would be nice if the help files went all HTML-like :)

Cliff3D

Quote from: Ian Price on 2010-Sep-02
QuoteNot in the first post, no, but several of us have reported this issue here.
Didn't think I was going mad! :P

You're lucky I don't know you well enough to say something cute like "you can't go to where you already are!". Very lucky. I'm probably even luckier.

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2010-Sep-03
It would be nice if the help files went all HTML-like :)

Seconded. We could also probably find it easier to submit updates/corrections then too.

hardyx

CHM are compressed HTML files. Even there are programs for decompressing the HTML files.

spicypixel

Much prefer the HTML style help system. Not wanting to mention other packages but in Blitz2D or was it Plus there was a frame used for commands on the left and the info on the right :) Also an A-Z list could be shown instead and then subnav shown with commands starting with that letter. No Javascript even I dont think all HTML. Was very Nice.
http://www.spicypixel.net | http://www.facebook.com/SpicyPixel.NET

Comps Owned - ZX.81, ZX.48K, ZX.128K+2, Vic20, C64, Atari-ST, A500.600.1200, PC, Apple Mini-Mac.