Previous topic - Next topic

Kosta

hhctrl.ocx
itss.dll
itircl.dll
hh.exe
hhctrlui.dll

Quote from: Moru on 2008-Aug-05
I'm running SP3 without problems after copying those files from my old SP2 install

Hi Moru,

which Files have you replaced (all of them above)?

and with which version you have replaced them?

i have the same problem (i got the _except_handler4_ error also on other programs (RealtekSoundDriver and on Spybot))
following versions are installed on my system:

htctrl.ocx    (from april (i think from sp3)) ...then i have found an older version of january on system (sp2 or 1)
itss.dll (.4186) ... found also an older version (2453)
hh.exe (.2453) .... found also an older version (1159)
hhctrlui.dll (4.74.9273.0) ... found only one version (in the dllcache folder)
Intel QuadCore, Geforce8600GT,512MB,4GB Ram, 26" TFT
HP nw8440 Schläppy
GP2X Mk2 (Firmware 3.0)

GLBASIC Blog:
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?blog=51.0

Moru

These are the files I replace after installing GLBasic 6 beta:

"system32\"
itss.dll     5.2.3790.2453
itircl.dll   5.2.3790.2453
hhctrl.ocx   5.2.3790.1194
hh.exe       5.2.3790.2453

"system32\mui\001D"
hhctrlui.dll 4.74.9273.0

I just overwrite them all since I know that works, not interested in testing out what is causing it :-)

S.O.P.M.

Ok, here I want to call attention to a "cosmetic defect" that GLB has from the beginning. By opening the helpfile it always says that the page cannot be displayed until I double click anything from the index list. I would suggest to display the introducing page first.
Notebook PC Samsung E372 Core i5 @ 2,6 GHz; 4 GB RAM; Win 7 Home Premium

Hemlos

Definetly not sp3, sp2 here causes the same problem.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

Kitty Hello

am I installing an older version? Or one that's too new?

FutureCow

I may have found the cause of the initial "Page Cannot Be Displayed" help file problem.

The initial page it tries to open when you hit F1 appears to be
mk:@MSITStore:C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\username\Desktop\GLBasic\GLBasic_e.chm::/01%20General.html

Instead should it be looking for this?
mk:@MSITStore:C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\username\Desktop\GLBasic\GLBasic_e.chm::/1%20Tutorials/01%20General.html

Assuming the start page is supposed to be the first tutorials page that is.

Moru

when you press F1 with the cursor on a command in your program you are supposed to get the help for that command directly. If you press enter after F1 it shows up since it gets selected in the list. It just won't show up directly. Any clues to why?

FutureCow

F1 (regardless of whether you have a command selected or not) appears to default to opening the following page.
mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\GLBasic\GLBasic_e.chm::/01%20General.html

I can't suggest anything without knowing how GLBasic is calling the help file.

Kitty Hello

It uses the HtmlHelp API. When you double-click the help file it shows up good.

FutureCow

I did some searching of Google but without the actual system calls etc I couldn't get very far. Sorry I can't be of much help.

Cliff3D

Quote from: S.O.P.M. on 2008-Nov-04
Ok, here I want to call attention to a "cosmetic defect" that GLB has from the beginning. By opening the helpfile it always says that the page cannot be displayed until I double click anything from the index list. I would suggest to display the introducing page first.

I am getting this too, using Windows XP Pro on a netbook and/or a virtual PC on my desktop, it always does this whether I open the help from F1 or from the help menu.

Ian Price

The solution might have worked on XP (never tried) but it definitely doesn't work on Win7. :(
I came. I saw. I played.

Slydog

Local HTML still sounds like a good option, to avoid these problems.
Have each command in its own file, sharing a common CSS file.
I think this would also be an acceptable instance where frames would be useful! (to list all the commands on the left)
You should be able to link directly to the selected command in the editor, and still use frames.
Then an online help system would use the same files, and can always be kept up-to-date.
(How about the MAC port?  Does it have its own help system?)
But, not a big deal, I'm used to the current system.
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

MrTAToad

You can get the CHM system working on Windows 7 - there is a download available on the Microsoft website.

Ian Price

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2010-Aug-31
You can get the CHM system working on Windows 7 - there is a download available on the Microsoft website.

There is, but that doesn't work and their advice is incorrect too about allowing .CHM files to run (Right click on .CHM file, then click Properties and then click the Unblock box - there isn't one!).

It's not a big deal - I've lived with it for a couple of years.
I came. I saw. I played.